Home

Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

This is a discussion on Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 11:47 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

Today marks my second review using my blog. I just want to remind everyone these are meant to be a supplement to our already awesome reviews. Both of our official reviews will be released later this week since our writers didn't get the game until release and we kind of still believe in writing good in-depth reviews. But for today, here is my take on MLB '10: The Show:

Quote:
"And then there was MLB '10: The Show.

Last year, I thought The Show was the pinnacle of our genre. It represented the sport of baseball better than any game had before it, it was oozing with atmosphere, and despite a few minor flaws, the game was simply amazing.

That whole experience is even better this year. No game has ever simulated the sport of baseball nearly as well as MLB '10: The Show simulates the sport, it is simply a must own for anyone who even remotely considers themselves a baseball fan."

Read More - Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review
Platform: PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:50 AM   #2
MVP

choadler's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Chris' MLB '10: The Show Review

Couldn't agree more!
Old 03-03-2010, 11:54 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's basically what I've been thinkin' / experiencing since I bought MLB 10 yesterday.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:02 PM   #4
TOMBA IS ONLINE

Tomba's Arena

OVR: 65

Game shipped with too many issues. It feels less smooth than last years to me and the camera angles should have been modifable for batter and pitcher like early reports said they would be.

The new broadcast cam doesn't sink well with the action and makes the field look too small. It also feels like the action lags or is at a slower framerate in this camera mode. Hopefully a patch fixes this.

Batting is perfect but pitching is not. the ball looks like a white dot while throwing it and classic pitching still doesn't have a better meter.

Player models are amazingly detailed but look short and stocky.

I completely thought that 09 was a masterpiece but for mlb 10 to match it or surpass it needed the above comments not even be a part of the conversation when talking about mlb 10 but they sadly are.

Too high of a rating IMHO Chris
Old 03-03-2010, 12:08 PM   #5
MVP

GaryT531's Arena

OVR: 19
I havn't bought a baseball game since Bases Loaded II when I was in 7th grade. I think it's time to check this series out after hearing nothing but positive reviews.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 12:20 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 20

I dont see how anyone could say one critical thing about this game. Best game, hands down, Ive ever played.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:31 PM   #7
MVP

ComfortablyLomb's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomba
Batting is perfect but pitching is not. the ball looks like a white dot while throwing it and classic pitching still doesn't have a better meter.
I actually think pitching is IMPROVED over last year's game. What drove me nuts last year was the finickiness of pitcher confidence. A couple ugly innings versus an AI pitcher and they would be in super-human mode while a couple bad pitches to the AI and a guy who had been cruising might be on the ropes. This year it seems weighted a lot more toward the middle and I think the game benefits from it.

Quote:
I completely thought that 09 was a masterpiece but for mlb 10 to match it or surpass it needed the above comments not even be a part of the conversation when talking about mlb 10 but they sadly are.
The franchise bugs are frustrating but the devs have indicated that they will be addressed. Assuming they are I think there's going to be some consensus that this is the best baseball game in recent memory. I get the whole "games shouldn't ship with these issues" thing but the fact of the matter is that sports games aren't complete until they've received a second patch these days. Arguably, the biggest problem is the reviews are simply out too soon. It's like reviewing a movie before its final cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moemoe24
I dont see how anyone could say one critical thing about this game. Best game, hands down, Ive ever played.
Well all the franchise bugs are worth some chatter but they're getting fixed (supposedly). On the field this game ROCKS.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:52 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 12
Just Awesome thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »