Home

Atari To Transform Online Racing With Test Drive Unlimited 2

This is a discussion on Atari To Transform Online Racing With Test Drive Unlimited 2 within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 11:21 AM   #1
MVP

Pete1210's Arena

OVR: 30
Atari To Transform Online Racing With Test Drive Unlimited 2

Join Thousands of Players Online, Race the Worlds Most Coveted Cars, and Live the Ultimate Luxury Lifestyle

NEW YORK, March 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Atari, SA, one of the world's most recognized videogame publishers, and much-acclaimed developer Eden Games, are proud to announce the newest installment in the legendary racing franchise with Test Drive® Unlimited 2 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and Windows PC coming Fall 2010.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 expands on the traditional racing experience providing gamers with M.O.O.R.®: Massively Open Online Racing®; immersing drivers in a persistent online environment and revolutionizing multiplayer racing communities as players compete, team up, and share their achievements and creations online. Unlike any other driving game, TDU2 blends the open world experience with realistic vehicles and performance dynamics and for the first time, TDU2 features vehicle damage, weather effects, day and night cycles, and a brand new island to explore.

The first Test Drive® Unlimited innovated the racing genre with an immersive online and offline experience - over 1 million players created online accounts. Test Drive Unlimited 2 blends the single player and multiplayer experiences seamlessly, creating a dynamic world of unique content and challenges. Test Drive Unlimited 2 is "always live," with automatic updates and seamless online/offline integration. A revamped single player narrative mode can be played offline or as part of the multiplayer experience.

"After the highly successful Test Drive Unlimited which redefined the genre with massively open online racing, Test Drive Unlimited 2 will be an innovative evolution in racing games, expanding its unparalleled multiplayer experience and immersing players in a world full of new online content and lifestyle customization." said Jeff Lapin, CEO of Atari, SA. "The game fits squarely into our strategy of moving online and generating new revenue streams while maintaining our current retail business."

Test Drive Unlimited 2 puts the world's most desirable vehicles in the players hands. These ultra-limited edition masterpieces are flawlessly replicated with Eden's finely tuned driving technology. Players define their online persona through the customization of their vehicles, and the acquisition of property, clothing and all the accoutrements of a luxurious car-based lifestyle. The challenge comes to life with the most expansive and comprehensive multiplayer offering on the console and the ultimate refinement of the core Test Drive driving experience. All-new race types, vehicle classes, environmental challenges, locations and much more push this epic franchise to new levels of performance and luxury.

For more information on Test Drive Unlimited 2 please visit http://www.testdriveunlimited2.com or log on to http://www.atari.com.

Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Test Drive Unlimited 2 announced

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1210
I'm looking forward to this. I spent a lot of time playing the first one.
Old 03-03-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Definitely something I will strongly consider purchasing when it comes out.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:38 PM   #4
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Sold. A little disappointed that it will be Hawaii again but I have faith in this series. They are building on a fantastic foundation and I cannot wait to see how they enrich it.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 14

Having been to Oahu before TDU's release, it was really cool to revisit and drive around Waikiki etc in virtual form!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
Sold. A little disappointed that it will be Hawaii again but I have faith in this series. They are building on a fantastic foundation and I cannot wait to see how they enrich it.
The article's second paragraph states "TDU2 features vehicle damage, weather effects, day and night cycles, and a brand new island to explore."

I can't see anything in the article mentioning a return to Oahu or Hawaii...Have you heard or read something elsewhere?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:44 PM   #6
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Atari To Transform Online Racing With Test Drive Unlimited 2

Really, that could be interpretted in 2 ways. It could mean that the game will take place on a completely new island. Or alternatively, it could mean that there will be an additional island besides Oahu to explore.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:07 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 14
Re: Atari To Transform Online Racing With Test Drive Unlimited 2

I've read at another forum that the TDU2 island is Ibiza...but its purely speculation at this point.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »