Home

NHL 2K11, Wii Exclusive

This is a discussion on NHL 2K11, Wii Exclusive within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
NHL 2K11, Wii Exclusive

NHL 2K11 will be a Wii exclusive, according to Kotaku.

Quote:
"Take-Two Interactive CEO Ben Feder sheds some light on NHL 2K's absence from the company's PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 line-up, explaining that the series is on hiatus this year in order to come back stronger with NHL 2K12.

An ad for bands to perform on the NHL 2K11 soundtrack gave fans of the franchise some hope that this year's installment was still in the works, and in a way it is, but only for the Nintendo Wii."
Platform: Wii
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 07:06 PM   #2
goh
Banned

OVR: 37
Re: NHL2K11 being worked on - Motion Cap pics

Good idea. Not the Wii exclusive thing,the taking a break and coming back with something new and having more dev time.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:55 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 31

Well if they truly are taking a year off (something they should have done across the whole line with 2k6) Maybe, just maybe we'll actually get a brand new core engine that fixes the legacy bugs completely and the programers aren't taxed to hell and back by working with old code from dev teams past that they prolly can't do much with having not written said code in the first place.

If they truly are planning this, I'm all for it and I hope it allows them to finally compete with EA's game on an even level.
Old 03-03-2010, 08:46 PM   #4
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Wii only = poopie.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:00 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 47

Yep, it sounds like a wrap!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 09:12 PM   #6
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarryTheWeight
I'm hoping for the best but not expecting much. I was largely disappointed with 2K10 to be honest...apart from Franchise and the new graphical improvements, it was the very definition of a mixed bag. So at this point I'll be going in with very low expectations. I can't see them jumping to improve much, but after playing MLB 2K10 recently, major things may come in a small time. But who knows. It seems as if 2K is not pressured to succeed in the hockey market as they are with baseball and basketball.

I've said this in another thread, but what would happen if NHL 2K kept its current engine for Wii only and used its licenses and financial backing to turn Natural Motion's "IceBreaker" into NHL 2K11 or 2K12 on next gen consoles? It would take the pressure off Visual Concepts and give the series a fresh and potentially groundbreaking approach. Make it happen!

Agreed, he is now a major name after his amazing Olympic performance. The NHL should promote him as much as possible. Also, if Miller on NHL 2K11 ever happened, you wouldn't find a copy in Buffalo for months. You would literally see people buy the game just for the cover, regardless of if they enjoy 2K hockey or not...that's how highly we think of athletes in this silly little town of ours...
Ha I couldn't agree more man. I think i'm the only Senators fan in Buffalo and I might be the most hated person at every Senators Vs. Sabres game..
Old 03-03-2010, 09:14 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

If they're telling the truth I'm actually looking at the silver lining of this news.
Like RealmK said, if 2K can start from scratch or really come out guns blazing it'll be worth it.

But it BETTER be good. My Player better be deep and awesome. Controls, franchise, online, 2KSHL, etc. all better be in there.
And the controls have to be intuitive, smooth and fun.

But like I mentioned earlier, I'm not holding my breath that Take-Two will release another 'next gen' hockey game again.
Old 03-03-2010, 09:26 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealmK
Well if they truly are taking a year off (something they should have done across the whole line with 2k6) Maybe, just maybe we'll actually get a brand new core engine that fixes the legacy bugs completely and the programers aren't taxed to hell and back by working with old code from dev teams past that they prolly can't do much with having not written said code in the first place.

If they truly are planning this, I'm all for it and I hope it allows them to finally compete with EA's game on an even level.
I agree. I wish them all the best!

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »