Home

NHL 10: EASHL General Manager Advice and Insights

This is a discussion on NHL 10: EASHL General Manager Advice and Insights within the EA Sports NHL Legacy forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NHL 10: EASHL General Manager Advice and Insights

When someone enters the online team play lobby in NHL 10, there are often members filling the chat board with listings about their clubs.

"WILL ANYONE JOIN MY CLUB? PLEASE!"
"CLUB RECRUITING: NEED C, LW, RW, D AND GOALIE!"
"C/LW LOOKING FOR TOP 10 CLUB!"

One might even put the time and effort into participating with one of these clubs -- only to find out later the general manager has failed at his job. In other words, teammates are never online and the turnover rate for members of the club is higher than that at your local McDonalds or Tim Hortons. You are 9-38 this month and your team cannot catch a break.

What do you do now?

Read More - NHL 10: EASHL General Manager Advice and Insights
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-03-2010, 11:17 PM   #2
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23
Finding a good team is not that hard. It's finding good people. I must say the video game community can be the worst collection of people you will run into sometimes. Mainly because of this invincibility they feel behind the screen feeling they can say what they want and do what the want without consequences. This is even more so in the NHL and NBA games communities for some reason.

In my experience I found finding a good team (winning record with maturity) is mostly just luck. Some really good teams that I have joined were either from displaying great skill in a Club / Online team play game that participants remember, or just word of mouth from others and friends. However if you play great at your spot on a consistent level people will recognize you.

The problem I find when looking for a good team is maturity level of the participants since a lot of the people you are gonna meet online are young, immature and 95% of the time hate everyone different from them. Finding a mature team is the real tough part.

Usually I just ignore the idiocy of my teammates and say nothing while I enjoy the game. Arguing with idiots is a waste of time even if they are your friends or teammates.

Last edited by catcatch22; 03-03-2010 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:13 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Well said, both of you.

But I have to say, I had never though of using Skype to communicate in NHL10. I might have to try that with my club. Thanks for the writeup!
Old 03-04-2010, 03:19 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NHL 10: EASHL General Manager Advice and Insights

Best way to build a team is to start with friends then look to friends of friends.

You never know what you're gonna' get when you start bringing in randoms.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 14
I've been fortunate while playing NHL 10 to meet some real chill guys. We play great together like we can read each others minds.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > EA Sports NHL > EA Sports NHL Legacy »