Home

NHL 2K11, Wii Exclusive

This is a discussion on NHL 2K11, Wii Exclusive within the NHL 2K forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-04-2010, 12:23 PM   #25
Rookie

buzzguy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: NHL2K11 being worked on - Motion Cap pics

Being a Wii and 360 owner, I have no problems with this. I'm finally going to try 2K10 on Wii next week, even after playing NHL 10 since Sept.. It looks like fun to me, and I love playing games on Wii.
BTW, there WAS an NHL 2k2, but it was only on Dreamcast. NHL 2K came out first, Sega/VC took a year off, and came back with NHL 2K2 for the Dreamcast; the very last NA Dreamcast game, actually. I miss the Dreamcast days :-(
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 01:28 PM   #26
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: NHL2K11 being worked on - Motion Cap pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
BTW, there WAS an NHL 2k2, but it was only on Dreamcast. NHL 2K came out first, Sega/VC took a year off, and came back with NHL 2K2 for the Dreamcast; the very last NA Dreamcast game, actually. I miss the Dreamcast days :-(
You wanna buy mine??

I'm going back to sure shot and nok-hockey!
Attached Images
File Type: bmp sure.bmp (291.1 KB, 63 views)
File Type: bmp nok.bmp (334.0 KB, 63 views)
Old 03-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #27
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
This is a real shame for those who still love 2K hockey, but if it results in an awesome NHL 2K12, maybe the payoff will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, I'm anxious to hear whether or not Icebreaker will be coming out this year to challenge NHL 11.

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzguy
Yeah those Dreamcast hockey games were very underrated.

I believe Black Box was the developer on both 2K and 2K2, and they've gone on to do great things after the NHL series.

Last edited by jyoung; 03-04-2010 at 03:34 PM.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #28
Banned

OVR: 31
Re: NHL 2K11, Wii Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wEEman33
This is a real shame for those who still love 2K hockey, but if it results in an awesome NHL 2K12, maybe the payoff will be worth the wait.

In the meantime, I'm anxious to hear whether or not Icebreaker will be coming out this year to challenge NHL 11.

Yeah those Dreamcast hockey games were very underrated.

I believe Black Box was the developer on both 2K and 2K2, and they've gone on to do great things after the NHL series.
Indeed they were underrated, and I stand corrected that it was 2k1 that got canned and not 2k2, that fuzzy memory of mine I s'pose. You're right Weeman, it was Blackbox before they were aquired by EA, then Treyarch on loan from Activision handled 2k3, Kush from 2k4-2k8 and VC the last two. Basically the series has changed dev teams so many times at this point its amazing to me that any of the old code base would still be used at all.

Still crossing my fingers that the suits at 2k and the guys at VC do the right thing, take a year off from 360/PS3 and actually really rebuild from the ground up for 2k12 rather than tow the line and not produce the game we know the're capable of delivering, given the proper funds and dev time. If 2k12 does see the 360/PS3 and its esentially 2k10 again and isn't on the same level, graphics wise, smoothness in animations/skating and intuitive and responsive control wise as EA's current offering, I hope no one buys it, as they've had enough chances on NG/CG to get it right imo.
Old 03-04-2010, 04:40 PM   #29
Grayscale

slickdtc's Arena

OVR: 26

This is great news, in my opinion. I don't need or even want a "new" game every year. If they really are taking 2K11 off with full intentions to come back with 2K12, hats off to them. Two years to work on a game are much better than one. The problem is, can we trust their word? Will they really use the extra year to revamp (I'm assuming they're going to completely overhaul the series) the game? Is it even possible to forfeit 2011 to EA NHL and still come back ?

We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money99
And how does one levy a check that will result in only a slight concussion? Do they set their shoulder-pads to 'stun'?
Old 03-04-2010, 04:47 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
"We have decided to reevaluate our NHL strategy and will only be releasing NHL 2K11 for the Wii in fiscal year 2010. We want to become a stronger competitor in this category and taking a year off on PS3 and Xbox 360, while focusing on making the best possible game for Wii, should allow us to accomplish that goal."
This quote is very ambiguous.
I hate saying it, but the more I read it, the more I think it's all done.

Do we really think 2K is going to pour more money into it's next-gen development?
Old 03-04-2010, 07:30 PM   #31
R.I.P 2KHockey 2000-2011

savoie2006's Arena

OVR: 29

Yeah, there's no doubt that should VC come back with an NHL 2K12 for the 360/PS3, it's gonna have to be very good for the series to remain alive afterwards. A flop and they will never regain the fans.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-04-2010, 09:14 PM   #32
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Some good news about 2K12 on next-gen consoles:

http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/17928/39/

http://www.destructoid.com/nhl-2k11-...1-165777.phtml

Quote:
The last two hockey games from EA Sports -- NHL 09 and NHL 10 -- well outpaced NHL 2K9 and NHL 2K10, respectively, in sales. Apparently, 2K simply doesn't feel that it can compete with EA Canada's stellar games on a one-year development cycle.

Take-Two CEO Ben Feder emphasized the competitive passion of NHL 2K developer Visual Concepts, asserting that the publisher isn't conceding victory to EA forever -- in fact, they believe that with two years of development time behind NHL 2K12 on PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, they can best EA. "The following year [2011], we will come back a lot stronger. We have an intention to win and we're going to maximize the opportunity," Feder affirmed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Hockey > Other Hockey Games > NHL 2K »