Home

Backbreaker Preview (1up)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Preview (1up) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 12:48 AM   #1
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Backbreaker Preview (1up)

1up has posted their hands-on preview of Backbreaker.

Quote:
"As for the actual look of the game, well, it isn't what football looks like right now. Player uniforms all look like they could still exist in about 10 or 15 years, but they also have a body armor quality to them that seemed a little off. Stadiums, while impressive looking, all have a "best of" feel to them depending on where it is; New York City's stadium is a towering art deco coliseum in the style of the Empire State Building, while San Francisco has a not-so-miniature version of the Golden Gate Bridge in it. The stadiums, which appear to be many times the size of any American football dome or stadium I've ever seen, also seem a bit out-of-this-world for a game that centers on realism. Then again, all that is cosmetic, and doesn't affect the gameplay in any way."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 12:58 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: Preview From 1UP

Great preview!
Old 03-05-2010, 01:08 AM   #3

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Preview From 1UP

"I've honestly never seen more realistic looking tackles than I did in Backbreaker. In a real professional football game, tackles are rarely the huge hits that other football videogames have made commonplace; instead they are mostly comprised of players wrapping around their target and dragging them down and that is precisely what NaturalMotion has brought to Backbreaker. Of course, there are crazy "flatten the opposition" hits too, but they happen naturally."

Always good to hear. Hopefully a lot of reviews will say the same and gamers might knock off some of that whole this game looks like blitz, blitz with euphoria, and blitz 2.0 or whatever jokes people are trying to crack about the game.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:21 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: Backbreaker Preview (1up)

from the article:

Quote:
While the game comes with more than 60 developer-created teams right out of the box, the potential is there to go ahead and make the entire NFL. Since users can share their created team recipes, this is almost guaranteed to happen once the gaming community gets ahold of it
not only can you recreate the nfl but you can also share your teams with the community.

excellent decision
Old 03-05-2010, 09:32 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Honestly I am kind of thinking of just playing with the included teams on the box may be better since it won't invoke comparisons to the real NFL and/or Madden. Plus it'll be a nice change of pace to see what the devs come up with.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #6
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
this is the first review or info that ive read that actually makes me want to consider buying this game. I still think this game will get old fast for me or it will be what Madden has been for me the past 3 or so years, play the game for 2 weeks then never touch it again. MLB the Show, UFC Undisputed & NCAA Football are all games that i love and will be getting from now till July so i doubt i'm going to find time to play this game.

Are they releasing a demo? If so i'll try that out and really see if i want this game.
Old 03-05-2010, 10:53 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

If they have any faith in the product then they should. If they don't I think that should throw up some big red warning flags.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:00 AM   #8
MVP

bigsmallwood's Arena

OVR: 37
Backbreaker seems like a Day 1 purchase!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »