Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 08:56 PM   #1
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

Joystiq has posted their hands-on preview of Backbreaker.

Quote:
"Backbreaker may be the greatest football game no one will ever play. While I can attempt to detail its incredible use of the Euphoria physics engine, its spectacular graphics and truly innovative gameplay, all these features are moot thanks to the crippling fact that the game does not have the NFL license. Without the license, the annual Madden devotee won't have this on his (or her!) radar -- ironic, because Backbreaker makes good on the lofty promises of Madden 06's teased "CG movie" effect, which EA Sports has yet to deliver on, even four years later."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Joystiq Impressions: Backbreaker

With full customization the no nfl license i don't think will really be a problem.
Old 03-05-2010, 09:26 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoneKIller
Another positive review. I dont see why some people cant get that this game will at least be a 7.5/10.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:18 PM   #4
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7

Most optimistic preview yet
Old 03-06-2010, 12:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 10
It will take day one purchases to ensure that this game becomes a yearly product. If we just wait to buy it used the money wont go to the company that makes it which means no backbreaker in 2011. Everyone will gripe about it instead of realizing you have to buy the product new to ensure future interations. Madden will be there dare to try something new we get fooled by Madden every year just becuse they have the NFL license. Then complain about it until they come with hype and forget we got taken. Its worth taking a chance if the demo is released or even if operation sports gives it a good preview.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 12:16 AM   #6
Rookie

adamgod8's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Backbreaker Hands-On Impressions (Joystiq)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusto1
It will take day one purchases to ensure that this game becomes a yearly product. If we just wait to buy it used the money wont go to the company that makes it which means no backbreaker in 2011. Everyone will gripe about it instead of realizing you have to buy the product new to ensure future interations. Madden will be there dare to try something new we get fooled by Madden every year just becuse they have the NFL license. Then complain about it until they come with hype and forget we got taken. Its worth taking a chance if the demo is released or even if operation sports gives it a good preview.
My guess is that they come back to BackBreaker in 2012 or 2013....they bought the name "IceBreaker" so it looks like maybe well have a hockey game with Euphoria in 2011 or 12
Old 03-06-2010, 12:42 AM   #7
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamgod8
My guess is that they come back to BackBreaker in 2012 or 2013....they bought the name "IceBreaker" so it looks like maybe well have a hockey game with Euphoria in 2011 or 12
(drools)
Old 03-06-2010, 07:49 AM   #8
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

I doubt I'll buy it new,money has been kind of tight with my hours cut back.
But I will def buy this game.I wasnt to impressed back in the day when I first heard about it.But being fully customizable and actually for real,yeah Im buying it.Either used or if the price comes down.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »