Home

Gran Turismo 5 Gets Its NASCAR On w/ Video (Motor Trend)

This is a discussion on Gran Turismo 5 Gets Its NASCAR On w/ Video (Motor Trend) within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 06:19 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Gran Turismo 5 Gets Its NASCAR On w/ Video (Motor Trend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
Pretty graphics, but what about the driving model and AI?

GT always has been like the ugly chick who dresses up well with makeup and clothes. Great looking, but when you strip her down and peel off the makeup, the game is sorely lacking when it comes to AI and the racing model.

And if this is a NASCAR game without damage, it will be a massive joke.
Their will be damage and their is a new physics model, professional. A lot of people couldn't handle the physics model in the demo, so they chalked up to it being bad as oppose to them not knowing how to drive the vehicle properly. A lot of over and under steering bad braking ect... and if you have the logic tech wheel its a whole new experience.

Again their will be damage on all race cars not just cosmetic, we're talking deformation as well as engine damage. All race cars are built with individual parts. Production cars will have damage as well but not too the extent of race cars. Production cars will have cosmetic damage and mechanical damage.

As far as A.I. its at a still wait and see, from what Kaz said in an interview the PS2 couldn't handle their full vision and he says he can get close with the PS3, so we will see.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:29 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 26

Nice pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg jtquqa.jpg (107.1 KB, 90 views)
Old 03-05-2010, 06:47 PM   #19
All Star

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
As far as A.I. its at a still wait and see, from what Kaz said in an interview the PS2 couldn't handle their full vision and he says he can get close with the PS3, so we will see.
That is a complete load of crap from one of the biggest windbags in game development. There were many PS2 games with solid racing AI, so using the architecture as an excuse is a cop-out.

Kaz didn't design proper AI in the PS2 versions of GT because he didn't need to. GT sold by the bushel with its formula of excellent graphics, a solid driving model and a car-collecting mojo, all despite HORRIFIC racing AI. Proper racing AI never entered the equation -- because it didn't need to.

Why spend time creating proper AI when you can build yet another Nissan Skyline or Subaru Impreza variant for people to ogle and collect?

Last edited by Jackdog; 03-08-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 08:29 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk500
That is a complete load of crap from one of the biggest windbags in game development. There were many PS2 games with solid racing AI, so using the architecture as an excuse is a cop-out.

Kaz didn't design proper AI in the PS2 versions of GT because he didn't need to. GT sold by the bushel with its formula of excellent graphics, a solid driving model and a car-collecting mojo, all despite HORRIFIC racing AI. Proper racing AI never entered the equation -- because it didn't need to.

Why spend time creating proper AI when you can build yet another Nissan Skyline or Subaru Impreza variant for people to ogle and collect?
True, they've always prided themselves on being a driving simulator, not a racing one. So the NASCAR addition will be interesting to say the least.

Last edited by Jackdog; 03-08-2010 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:00 AM   #21
DickDalewood

OVR:

Wow, the graphics are just ridiculous.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2010, 09:18 AM   #22
Go Irish

Rules's Arena

OVR: 17

It just became a must buy in my book.
Old 03-07-2010, 12:03 PM   #23
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not a huge fan of the series but I am a graphics whore and I don't see any game out right now that looks this dang good. Good way to show off the power of our PS3's.
Old 03-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I'm not a huge fan of the series but I am a graphics whore and I don't see any game out right now that looks this dang good. Good way to show off the power of our PS3's.
I can see it now though. 10 months from now (or whenever this game is coming out) we're all sitting at our PS3s saying "What happen to the graphics I saw in that vid". I really want to see "that" game where I can say that these graphics destroy the 360 and validate all the hype over the PS3. So far I just don't see it. My 360s get worked liked dogs while my PS3 is freeloading on the side LITERALLY collecting dust. (Although it's FANTASTIC at streaming content from my computer)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »