Home

MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Updated Rosters Available within the MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 09:59 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: New Rosters Out!!!!

Ok guys...please help me out here. I've been trying to keep up with all the issues with this year's game and its just spread out all over the place, so I'll just ask this simple question here;

I want to start my franchise and would like to know WHAT Franchise impacting issues exist as of right now that I should be aware of....Can someone kindly and briefly list them with a small description of what it is so I can determine if its enough of an issue for me to start my franchise and overlook them or not?

I'd appreciate it...(and Im not worrying about cosmetic things either like Manny Ramirez's batting stance or David Wright's shoe colors, etc. Just want to know about any issues that would impact the Franchise/Gameplay experience)

Thanks in advance!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:00 AM   #26
Rookie

airness007's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by circuit_washor
Are you serious? Jeter has an "A" potential?! Now, I'm a Yankee fan but there's now way Jeter it's an A, not even a B..He is 35 years old, his stats are gonna start declining...
Are you out of your mind? Or still living within the steriod era mentality. In Range, Jeter finished as the Best SS last year, in the league, ESPN aired the special and there is a system out there that measures range defensively, (its not ESPN owned) Jeter had been middle of the road prior. He is also more clutch than any non Juiced player in the major leagues. Come out of the stat era, they don't win. They just put up pretty numbers for non baseball purists. A is there because he just has IT. He also received a couple of MVP votes the last 2 years, from non NY writers.

But your right, he's not an A. Our Bad.

Last edited by airness007; 03-08-2010 at 10:03 AM. Reason: typo
Old 03-08-2010, 10:04 AM   #27
Rookie

thinkblue_09's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami
Ok guys...please help me out here. I've been trying to keep up with all the issues with this year's game and its just spread out all over the place, so I'll just ask this simple question here;

I want to start my franchise and would like to know WHAT Franchise impacting issues exist as of right now that I should be aware of....Can someone kindly and briefly list them with a small description of what it is so I can determine if its enough of an issue for me to start my franchise and overlook them or not?

I'd appreciate it...(and Im not worrying about cosmetic things either like Manny Ramirez's batting stance or David Wright's shoe colors, etc. Just want to know about any issues that would impact the Franchise/Gameplay experience)

Thanks in advance!
As it stands now w/o my testing of the new rosters here are the potential problems with starting your Franchise assuming you decide to play it w/o workarounds and how it should be played by picking one team to control and build into a dynasty.

1. Computer proposes trades for your team, and if you are simming or not paying attention that trade could go through leaving you with new players and without others.

2. When August hits and players hit the trade waivers you can pick them up for free. They won't pull them back or ask for a trade, they just let them go for free. I've seen A. Gonzalez, J. Reyes on their as a couple of examples.

3. The trade logic was severely screwed up. I saw Albert Pujols traded twice in one year for prospects.

4. Tropicana Field sounds like it has a bug because you can't finish a game there it sounds like.

Other than that give it a try. Look at Franchise update threads as it will have some strategies you might be able to employ to make Franchise mode workable.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 AM   #28
Rookie

airness007's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefherkey
agreed!
someone posted, the Silver All Around the world trophy. I have been doing this. Playing exhibition with my Yanks in every MLB Park. The only problem is, you face an Ace every game. Only way around this is to start it as 2 player, then remove the 2nd player, but I didn't want to toy with that and risk those games not counting towards the trophy.

It's keeping me at bay until Knights Rosters anyway... and my league is starting, so that will help. I got the Cubs. Took em for Lou and Soriano, a Yankee connection lol
Old 03-08-2010, 10:09 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 2

balance out some of the A potential players by making them old guys, Edmonds, el duque, ec. so their A potential doesnt screw up the trade logic.

any problems??
Old 03-08-2010, 10:10 AM   #30
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by airness007
Are you out of your mind? Or still living within the steriod era mentality. In Range, Jeter finished as the Best SS last year, in the league, ESPN aired the special and there is a system out there that measures range defensively, (its not ESPN owned) Jeter had been middle of the road prior. He is also more clutch than any non Juiced player in the major leagues. Come out of the stat era, they don't win. They just put up pretty numbers for non baseball purists. A is there because he just has IT. He also received a couple of MVP votes the last 2 years, from non NY writers.

But your right, he's not an A. Our Bad.
Jeter is a HOF player...but at 35 his POTENTIAL [In the truest sense of the word] is not A...he's not going to get any better. It's safe to say he's reached his full potential - so it should be lower.

A potential should be for younger players on the upswing. Not for mid age to older players who are already at their production peak.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #31
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_Bonami

Thanks in advance!

Only major issue now after the roster update, is the auto trading without your permission. But use the workaround and the Franchise should be fine. I'm going to start my franchise tonight now with the roster update.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-08-2010, 10:14 AM   #32
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by airness007
someone posted, the Silver All Around the world trophy. I have been doing this. Playing exhibition with my Yanks in every MLB Park. The only problem is, you face an Ace every game. Only way around this is to start it as 2 player, then remove the 2nd player, but I didn't want to toy with that and risk those games not counting towards the trophy.

It's keeping me at bay until Knights Rosters anyway... and my league is starting, so that will help. I got the Cubs. Took em for Lou and Soriano, a Yankee connection lol
To avoid facing aces, just pick exibition not quick game, then at the pitcher select screen move over the the team you are facing and change the pitcher. You can also tinker with their order. Using the quick game option is the reasont that you are having to face aces all the time.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen > MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters »