Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames) within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 11
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 Interview (ESPN Videogames)

Check out the first details of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11, as ESPN's Jon Robinson interviews associate designer Travis Sailer. The game will feature the Ryder Cup.

Quote:
Jon: "What other improvements can gamers expect from the series this year?"

Travis: "Some of the other things we're talking about right now are just some of the little fixes. One of the big things this year was listening to all the feedback we've been getting from our community. We got a lot of really good feedback through our forums on gameplay that needed fixing, and we had a community day where we brought people together to get an early look at the game and hear what they thought about the new features. These guys know our game as good as we do, especially when it comes to the core gameplay, so we really value what they have to say.

Listening to that feedback, we went in and added variable wind gusts, so now it will be a little harder to judge the wind when you're hitting, making the game more realistic. We also added an approach green grid. So now when you're hitting your approach, you can see the grid you'd normally see when you're putting so you can judge the slopes better. Now you'll be able to see where you want to hit the ball to leave you with the easiest putt.

And then visually, we added animated skies this year, and they are going to be time of day specific per course, so you'll get different skies on every course. We also did a lot of work with characters. We added an all-new animation system and completely remodeled the characters. We even have dynamic clothes this year that will flap in the wind, and Rory, with his big old mop, you'll see his hair flapping around when you're playing on a windy day. The characters definitely look better than ever.

We also worked a lot on our cameras and presentations so that the flow of the game just looks a lot smoother. There are so many little changes that we're excited about & there's a whole new look and feel to "Tiger 11.""
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / Wii / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #2
MVP

Re: Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 11 Announced, Ships in June

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelwig14
1. Fix Tournament Scoring
2. Mid Round Saving
3. Ability to play career with PGA Tour Pro

Until these 3 OBVIOUS gamekillers are fixed, I am out of the golf game. 1 and 2 are absolute fixes..I could live without 3.
1. Supposed to be fixed, no more rubber-banding.

2. Not happening due to an issue with the 360 and how it handles profiles. Direct comment from EA when asked for this feature at TW Community Day. They almost had it working, but there were too many variables from a programming perspective that did not allow them to finish it an leave it in the game.

3. Don't see this happening yet, not in TW11 at least.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:20 PM   #3
Pro

dougdeuce's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
1. Supposed to be fixed, no more rubber-banding.

2. Not happening due to an issue with the 360 and how it handles profiles. Direct comment from EA when asked for this feature at TW Community Day. They almost had it working, but there were too many variables from a programming perspective that did not allow them to finish it an leave it in the game.

3. Don't see this happening yet, not in TW11 at least.

Were you at CD? Are you able to field questions yet if you were?
Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 1

Ryder Cup has been added for TW 11. That's cool.

Good to see that Scottsdale is back too.
Old 03-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #5
MVP

MizzouBravesFan's Arena

OVR: 13

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames...ory?id=4977840

Friggin' awesome that the Ryder Cup is in the game now...def. interested in this game now. I wonder how it'll be integrated into the PGA Tour Mode.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2010, 05:46 PM   #6
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougdeuce
Were you at CD? Are you able to field questions yet if you were?
Thanks in advance.
Yes. Only questions about features that have already been mentioned in today's press releases.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MizzouBravesFan
I wonder how it'll be integrated into the PGA Tour Mode.
My understanding is this is a completely separate mode playable online and offline.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

Thrash13's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not sure if you can answer this or not, but will there be a PSP version? In the press release, PSP wasn't listed. However, I got an email from Gamestop announcing Tiger 11, and PSP was listed as one of the consoles getting the game. I'm sure the press release is correct, but I wanted to find out for sure either way.

Thanks in advance.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »