Home

MLB '10: The Show Review

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Review within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:31 PM   #17
Sic 'em Bears!

BaylorBearBryant's Arena

OVR: 10
Nice review. Even better score. I was afraid with all the hype it would drive it up to a 9.0, 9.5. However, if you flip over the back of the game case you'll notice that the potential of this game is an A.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #18
Rookie

enice128's Arena

OVR: 3
hey steve i agree with you on pretty much every aspect of your review. as fluid as the game is this year, sometimes there is a slight pause when like an infielder is getting ready to throw. my main issue with this game is eventhough i have some solid wins under my belt, i have posted on a couple of forums in regards to the computer comeback issue. i can have a 6 run lead into the 6th or 7th inning with my starting pitcher still at a low pitch count & have a hard time holding the lead. it seems like everything goes the computer's way at this point. and a lot of gamers have replied to my posts about this issue.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:48 PM   #19
Rookie

snugglyirishman's Arena

OVR: 4
Great review...I love the game but have a problem with RTTS...i don't know if it's a glitch or what the deal is but my player's 4SFB velocity is at 99 and the player card says "brings the heat better than anyone" but when actually pitching (in AAA) he only throws 88-91....what's the deal with that?
Old 03-10-2010, 09:54 PM   #20
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB '10: The Show Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by snugglyirishman
Great review...I love the game but have a problem with RTTS...i don't know if it's a glitch or what the deal is but my player's 4SFB velocity is at 99 and the player card says "brings the heat better than anyone" but when actually pitching (in AAA) he only throws 88-91....what's the deal with that?
Take a look

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...em-solved.html
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 11
Excelent Review! and very fair. Similar to how I feel about it.

Great Job!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 11:02 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 1
I may get a negative response from some but i'm trying to be honest.

I felt like the review focused on all of the negative rather than any positives or maybe just outweighed, Then it finished with..

"At the end of the day, MLB 10: The Show is a baseball fan's dream come true. Not only does the game completely capture everything that makes America’s pastime so great, it also has polished up many of the issues that bogged down MLB 09 in my eyes."

I would be confused as a 1st timer MLB Purchaser. :?
Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 6
Meh. I expect better from Operation Sports reviews ... MLB 10 is the best version of the game to date. The meter pitching is fine and, ultimately, a subjective choice. Plenty of people love this game precisely because it uses MVP-style metered pitching and hitting. I really have not liked analog stick hitting/pitching when I've used it in the 2K games. If SCEA brings that to The Show, I hope they at least give us the option of choosing which interface to use.

The important point is The Show remains true to the game. It creates a realistic tribute to baseball that feels and plays real. Feature creep has ruined plenty of other sports franchises as developers cram more and more useless "innovations" just for the sake of having a new bullet point list on the back of the box.

Just keep the game realistic, SCEA. No one cares about reinventing the wheel each year or adding nonsense features
Old 03-11-2010, 12:00 AM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 1
I think any independent gamer would find it hard to believe this game earned a lesser rating than Madden '10.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »