Home

Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #17
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 11: Madden is Watching (ESPN)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Am I showing my age again... dangit... gonna have to hit urbandictionary.com again to brush up on my eLingo.
lol yes you are my friend.Also showing where you are from(South)
My dad used to say that all the time.Still does Im sure but I have moved out and married with kids so I dont get to hear the ol saying of past like I used to.Those ol sayings rub off though because I have even used those words.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:15 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 8
Guys, c'mon... give the guys a little credit. They aren't going to see that too many picks are being thrown and then boost a guys stats (really, I don't think that's a lot of picks, once you consider how many times the Vikings have been used in a game). But if they do find an issue by looking at the data, they are going to say, "ok, now why is this happening?" and then make adjustments from there.

Developers know they don't want to alienate their hardcore community... speeding up the time it takes to play a game doesn't mean "make it play like an arcade title." It just means "let's make it easier for gamers to spend less time in menus and more time on the field."
Old 03-10-2010, 09:24 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 52

I will repeat.

We are NOT dumbing the game down. Just because someone throws picks means zero to the hardcore community and Madden fan that doesn't throw picks. The two have nothing to do with each other. Some folks are taking this presentation totally out of context.

The stats shown in the presentation were purely informational, to showcase that we can track stats over MILLIONS of games and focus our gameplay tuning to produce accurate NFL stats. We're not going to dumb down the playbooks or do any of those things you guys that think "we just don't get it" assume we're going to do.

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2010, 09:35 PM   #20
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

Please keep the online changes seperate from the offline changes. If I want to sub in an offensive lineman as a FB or some other position at an odd position let me do it. And have the blocking fixed, and add weight to the game.

I'm sick of seeing NFL players whiff on blocks and run away from contact (not every player is cromartie) when they need to hit someone.

And if need be, take a year off and release a 10$ update to the rosters and build a new game engine. Work with EA to buy Euphoria and give the fans a game that really looks like a game on Sunday.
Old 03-10-2010, 09:39 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 55

I think it's funny that people assume gaming companies will automatically make uninformed impulsive decisions. The reason I think it's funny is because it's their full time job to make the game. Of course these guys put together a well thought out reason for nearly every adjustment. Every gaming company, or business for that matter, does.

Some people draw shallow conclusions believably fast. The more I play M10, the more I realize 9 out of 10 the complaints appear unfounded.

If you look at other gaming sites... it's trendy to complain. I suggest breaking the trend unless your criticism is well thought out. It's rare to find that.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2010, 09:57 PM   #22
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA
I will repeat.

We are NOT dumbing the game down. Just because someone throws picks means zero to the hardcore community and Madden fan that doesn't throw picks. The two have nothing to do with each other. Some folks are taking this presentation totally out of context.

The stats shown in the presentation were purely informational, to showcase that we can track stats over MILLIONS of games and focus our gameplay tuning to produce accurate NFL stats. We're not going to dumb down the playbooks or do any of those things you guys that think "we just don't get it" assume we're going to do.

Thanks.

Old 03-10-2010, 10:40 PM   #23
Pro

ChampIsHere42's Arena

OVR: 6

Goodbye Madden.

I knew this would come..EA Sports is now going to focus towards the younger people just starting out with the game. This article means nothing to me and it shouldn't to anyone else. I don't care about this time thing. It's a football game, it's going to seem like you're picking your plays longer than you're playing because a play doesn't last very long in football. In basketball you're constantly playing, it's just how the game works. If people don't want to play a Madden game that long, then adjust the time settings down. I hate it when they lower the game standards for the people starting out with Madden. It's not fair to us hardcore Madden gamers.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:49 PM   #24
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27

"Overreaction Sports", indeed.

Last edited by coogrfan; 03-10-2010 at 10:52 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »