Home

Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-13-2010, 12:02 AM   #9
MVP

boxboy99's Arena

OVR: 23
Wow, that has been the worst looking BB video I have seen in 3 years. The throw off the back foot was terrible and Creatine mentioned. The ball physics were Maddenesq when the ball looked like it should of been tipped away but seemed to go right to the receiver anyways for the easy TD. I get some balls get niched IRL but that was not the most impressive video I have seen. Still excitied for May at this point.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:05 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 19
Re: Backbreaker Multiplayer Hands-on and Videos (IGN)

They run like the robots on the FOX NFL pregame show. The passing looks weird. The players don't look realistic. For all of Tiburon's up and downs, I give them the edge over BB.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:15 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: NEW IGN ARTICLE AND GAMEPLAY

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
So... nobody is going to mention the absolutely hideous throw off the QB's back foot into quadruple coverage for a TD? That's disgusting.
That's what piss me off.(It was a 20 yard throw for the TD.)

IGN Alpha videos were not as good as the gametrailers one's.But I like the IGN article.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 12:24 AM   #12
Rookie

dal_hawk's Arena

OVR: 13
Its not just the throw off the back off the foot, its the drop step animations. It's the ugliest most unnatural thing I've seen. For a companies that strength is suppose to be physics, those animations look poor. This game has a good tackling engine, but beyond that it reminds me of all the things I hate about madden.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:25 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucianoJJ
They run like the robots on the FOX NFL pregame show. The passing looks weird. The players don't look realistic. For all of Tiburon's up and downs, I give them the edge over BB.
was tryna put my finger on it
but thats it.
they do run like the fox football robots
Old 03-13-2010, 12:30 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 4
You guys just don't get it.

IGN purposely posted gameplay that makes Backbreaker look bad because IGN is in bed with EA.

This is the real world where money talks the loudest. There is a lot of money at stake, especially with Madden at serious risk of failing because it's so terrible. I wish the world were as pure as we like to believe, but that's just being naive.
Old 03-13-2010, 12:54 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by KandiMan
You guys just don't get it.

IGN purposely posted gameplay that makes Backbreaker look bad because IGN is in bed with EA.

This is the real world where money talks the loudest. There is a lot of money at stake, especially with Madden at serious risk of failing because it's so terrible. I wish the world were as pure as we like to believe, but that's just being naive.
Read the article.Is better then the videos.Remeber these are Alpha builds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-13-2010, 02:23 AM   #16
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

I think Backbreaker is gonna need a solid demo to repair the damage from these vids. I liked the pick six, but that was it. How in the world did that other pick happen? I wish I could see from more angles. The throw into quadruple coverage was awful too. That defender that tried to knock the ball down did a turbo boost to it ala Madden. I just wasn't impressed at all.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »