Home

EA Sports Season Opener: Football Titles

This is a discussion on EA Sports Season Opener: Football Titles within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-15-2010, 10:33 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.
Re: EA Sports Season Opener: Football Titles

Oh boy, I'm excited now, lol. I dont want to jump to any concrete conclusions, but I think that one small part of that paragraph just exposed a big problem in Madden/NCAA.

Things are happening because of percentage rates? This would also explain the feeling that you get that things seem to be scripted/phony.

How did your lil scat back truck that monster DE? Easy, it was predetermined by the numbers/percentages.

Now, I dont think this completely kills the game, IF they're sure to match up the percentages on both sides of the ball correctly. Which obviously hasn't happened as of yet. I can imagine its probably very time consuming, but it must be done if the ratings are to mean anything at all.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:37 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukeman
Ratings dictake the success rating(percentage) atleast thats how they said it work in NFL HC
Ok, I see. So the problem is that the devs dont seem to be matching up the opposing sides of the ball correctly as far as the percentages go.
Old 03-15-2010, 10:47 PM   #19
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Things are happening because of percentage rates? This would also explain the feeling that you get that things seem to be scripted/phony.
Agreed, this is one of my biggest problems with the passing game. Instead of using the percentages to limit the QB's throwing ability and thus what the user can do with the QB, it seems to bottle you into their passing percentages, which is something I abhor from a design / implementation standpoint.
Old 03-16-2010, 02:07 AM   #20
Rookie

HiTEqMETHOD's Arena

OVR: 13
"A great emphasis is being placed on creating the most diverse and realistically executed variety of offenses that are on display every Saturday in college football."

So that means defense isn't a focus this year? I'd rather have their full effort going toward making the games feel authentic. The game has gotten very boring and dull for a title that's suppose to be based on a college sport. If they barely touched the presentation/atmosphere I'll pass on buying like I did last year.
Old 03-16-2010, 07:31 AM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 6

Quote:
NCAA: 87 percent of the game was played in franchise mode by gamers.
Interesting. And yet it seems to be the mode EA continues to ignore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-16-2010, 09:45 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 34
Eh. Nothing that I did not already know.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:21 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 10
I don't see Madden heading in the rite direction at all......why are we talking about number this means nothing to me, once again were avoiding the real issues, hmmmm lets talks about not running the ball successfully, lets talk about getting sacked on like every play, lets talk about why the linemen just sits there most of the time and not block there asignment, these are some of the issues we should be talking about, but once again lets focus on ONLINE PLAY , Madden i may have to pass on you this year....sorry! i think i'll keep my 63$ dollers
Old 03-16-2010, 10:29 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 10
They need to fix the running game and stop making the D- Line so effect. It's good that the defense stops you sometimes but it's ridiculous when their barely even letting you get back to the line of scrimmage. The defense is nowhere near you and all a sudden their on your ***. They run fastest than most of your running backs. I wouldn't doubt if they were juicing up on the sidelines. The computer freezes you sometimes when you have a clear path or when you about to brake a big run. There's too many glitches in the run game. What fun is it to brake a big run every five games you mine as well throw the ball the whole time then. I play on my skills, the passing is fine, the defense is alright but the running sucks and good running back in the game can run all over you and break tackles I don't see how this is realistic. They need to fix this other than that it's not a bad game the best one they made so far. I'll give you my opinion on other the things they need to fix in this game but this is one of the biggest problems in the game. and also is it me or With every new Madden release, there are almost always one or two features that get the bulk of the attention--features that not only make the current Madden different from its predecessors, but also seemingly make the upgrade from one year to the next worthwhile. Madden NFL 10 is no different in this respect. Some of its new features are substantial, like the long-awaited Online Franchise mode or the new types of tackles generated by the Pro-Tak system, but it feels like most of what's new in Madden 10 is less glossy and far more granular, affecting only the mechanical aspects of the football experience. It's almost as if Madden 10 represents a back-to-basics philosophy for the franchise, taking the focus away from fancy modes and even fancier presentation elements for the purpose of making the sport itself the main draw, but there are still many lingering problems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »