Home

F1 2010 Video: Developer Diary

This is a discussion on F1 2010 Video: Developer Diary within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 05:47 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
F1 2010 Video: Developer Diary

Go behind the scenes of F1 2010 as Codemasters® releases the first developer diary video revealing in-game race action

Pit stops, vehicle handling and the most advanced dynamic weather system to ever feature in a racing game revealed at http://www.formula1-game.com.

Thursday 18th March... FORMULA ONE™ fans can see F1 2010 in action for the first time today in a new developer diary released by Codemasters®. The video takes gamers behind the scenes of the production of the next generation of high-definition FORMULA ONE games and showcases in-game footage that explores the features that will power the most authentic FORMULA ONE race experience yet. F1 2010 is coming this September for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft®, PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows®.

In the first of a series of developer diaries, Senior Producer Paul Jeal and Chief Game Designer Stephen Hood are joined by FORMULA ONE driver Anthony Davidson, Technical Consultant on F1 2010. Focussing on the determination of the team at Codemasters Studios Birmingham to deliver the most authentic FORMULA ONE game yet, the video demonstrates key features including pit stops, vehicle handling and the most advanced dynamic weather system to ever feature in a racing game. The developer diary also shows how Anthony Davidson, BRAWN GP’s 2009 test and reserve driver, has become embedded in the team to ensure F1 2010 gives gamers the ultimate FORMULA ONE racing experience.

F1 2010 is the official game of the 2010 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP™ and will include all of the official teams, drivers and circuits set to feature in the most exciting season to date. F1 2010 will challenge players to take on four FIA FORMULA ONE DRIVERS’ WORLD CHAMPIONS – Jenson Button, Michael Schumacher, Fernando Alonso and Lewis Hamilton – in a range of game modes, from quick-fire races to full Grand Prix weekends. Players will race wheel-to-wheel at iconic tracks including Spa, Monza, Silverstone and Monaco or, for the first time, take on high-definition recreations of the stunning Singapore night race and the dramatic Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi.

In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2010 is being developed on the EGO™ Game Technology Platform, an evolution of the engine that powered the critically acclaimed, million-plus selling Colin McRae™: DiRT 2 and Race Driver: GRID™. The award-winning, under-the hood tech has been tuned to recreate the unique aerodynamics and handling of 200MPH+ FORMULA ONE cars for players to feel the thrill of competing at the pinnacle of motorsport.

FORMULA ONE fans can view the developer diary by flooring it over to http://www.formula1-game.com, the home for all the latest screens, news and videos straight from the studio. F1 2010 will be released September 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and Games for Windows.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 05:53 AM   #2
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29
Re: F1 2010 First Look Video

Time to start dusting off the racing chair... Looks sweet!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:22 AM   #3
Or should I

catcatch22's Arena

OVR: 23

!st day purchase for me.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:49 AM   #4
Pro

FORMULA316's Arena

OVR: 14

Remember the good ol' days of GP2? I like what I am seeing, and for me
racing games have always been my preferred gaming of choice. Also a
1st day purchase for me. Heck sign me up for beta testing
Old 03-18-2010, 09:15 AM   #5
MVP

BIG CAROLINA's Arena

OVR: 18

I can't wait to get this. This is my most anticipated game of the year. Maybe now I can finally retire F1CE

PSN: BIG_CAROLINA

"Life is too short for a man to hold bitterness in his heart."
Marshall W. "Major" Taylor
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 10:37 AM   #6
Pro

mikko1995's Arena

OVR: 22

Looks great and I might buy it. F1 has been great succes in Finland, but maybe this game wont sell as good as the old games, because there is no Finn in biggest teams (Nico Rosberg is a half Finn and doesn't speak Finnish so we don't think him as a Finn)
Old 03-18-2010, 03:21 PM   #7
MVP

lnin0's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CAROLINA
I can't wait to get this. This is my most anticipated game of the year. Maybe now I can finally retire F1CE
I know what you are saying Big C but don't put all your dreams and hopes on CodeMasters. I just don't want to see you get hurt.

I am going about it the exact opposite. Expecting the worse so anything CM does has to be an improvement on my expectations. :-)
Old 03-18-2010, 03:55 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by lnin0
I know what you are saying Big C but don't put all your dreams and hopes on CodeMasters. I just don't want to see you get hurt.

I am going about it the exact opposite. Expecting the worse so anything CM does has to be an improvement on my expectations. :-)
I'll have to find the link, but I could've sworn I read somewhere that they plan on lots of options so that the user can make it as sim or arcade as they want it to be.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »