Home

Quick Hit Football Passes the One Million User Mark in its First Season

This is a discussion on Quick Hit Football Passes the One Million User Mark in its First Season within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 11:47 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Quick Hit Football Passes the One Million User Mark in its First Season

QUICK HIT FOOTBALL™ PASSES THE ONE MILLION USER MARK
IN ITS FIRST SEASON; CONTINUES VELOCITY WITH IGN DISTRIBUTION AGREEMENT

Company Continues to Gain Momentum and Add New Game Features

FOXBORO, MA – March 17, 2010 – Quick Hit, Inc. (“Quick Hit”), a leading developer and publisher of free social sports games, announced today that it has surpassed more than one million registered users for Quick Hit Football in its inaugural season. This milestone is accompanied by the news of its deal with IGN, the Web’s biggest gaming destination, which will extend the free-to-play, online football game to an even larger audience of game enthusiasts.

“Quick Hit Football continues to explode,” said Jeffrey Anderson, founder and CEO of Quick Hit, “and our partnership with IGN will only drive more awareness for Quick Hit among the gaming community.”

The distribution deal with IGN will increase the number of players exposed to Quick Hit Football in the off season, and help provide an even stronger platform for launching the game’s 2010 season. The game will be accessible through IGN’s network of sites, which includes Direct2Drive, FilePlanet, AskMen and IGN.com.

Quick Hit Football has been in open beta for five months and has already achieved more than six million visits, 35 million minutes of game play, and is one of the top ranked companies for searches on ‘free online football.’ The Quick Hit team recently released two new updates, including: a demo game and tutorial for new Coaches, play-by-play commentary, customized team profile pages and a daily reward system that credits Coaches with free in-game currency, or CP, when they sign into their team page each day.

“One of the most exciting and rewarding aspects of being a live game is the ability to continually improve the product and add new features for our users,” said Anderson. “It’s amazing how quickly we’re able to take a suggestion from the forums and turn that feedback into a new game element or improvement to an existing feature.”

ABOUT QUICK HIT FOOTBALL
Quick Hit Football is a free, authentic football coaching game that doesn’t require a credit card or massive download. Its compelling graphics, hard-hitting action and feature-rich game play take online sports games to a new level. Play head-to-head against Pro Coaches like Brian Billick or Jimmy Johnson; take on Pro superstars, including Jason Witten, Ray Lewis, and Osi Umenyiora; or draft Legends onto your team like the famed Barry Sanders, Steve Atwater, James Lofton and Warren Moon. Unlike repetitive twitch-games, Quick Hit Football offers a persistent gaming experience that lets fans build and manage a football dynasty. Play fast, fun, free online football games, earn fantasy and coaching points with every game, and watch your team grow. Hit the gridiron and create your team today at www.quickhit.com.

ABOUT QUICK HIT
Headquartered in the shadow of the world-famous Gillette Stadium in Foxboro, Massachusetts, Quick Hit, Inc. is developing free, online social sports games and entertainment for a global audience. Quick Hit’s products fill a massive void in the sports industry by offering head-to-head competitions that combine a rich graphical experience, the accessibility of Adobe® Flash®, and the wide appeal of fantasy sports. Its first title, Quick Hit Football, is currently in Open Beta. For more information, visit www.quickhit.com.

ABOUT IGN ENTERTAINMENT
IGN Entertainment, a unit of News Corporation, is the leading Internet media and services provider focused on the videogame and entertainment enthusiast markets. Collectively, IGN's properties reached more than 42.9 million unique users worldwide January 2010, according to Internet audience measurement firm comScore Media Metrix. IGN's network of videogame-related properties (IGN.com, GameSpy, FilePlanet, TeamXbox, Direct2Drive and others) is one of the Web's leading videogame information destinations. IGN also owns the leading male lifestyle website AskMen.com. In addition, IGN provides technology for online game play in videogames. IGN is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices across North America, Europe and Australia.
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 08:18 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Quick Hit Football Passes the One Million User Mark in its First Season

This is great news. I love to hear this. The more football games succeeding the better. Also, it's a good product.

Great job, Quick Hit!
Old 03-18-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
This is great news. I love to hear this. The more football games succeeding the better. Also, it's a good product.

Great job, Quick Hit!
Hey, if you play QH send me a friend request sometime. Pretty soon we'll be able to edit player names. I'm totally recreating the 90's Steelers! Should be fun.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-18-2010, 11:41 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

I like how they've been quietly improving this game over the last couple of months with updates and patches.

It's a fun game for sure.
Old 03-18-2010, 01:06 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
Hey, if you play QH send me a friend request sometime. Pretty soon we'll be able to edit player names. I'm totally recreating the 90's Steelers! Should be fun.
No doubt.

I've been playing the Demo version for a little while and figuring out what uniform I want. I should be playing for real, soon.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #6
reo
Pro

reo's Arena

OVR: 9

Yeah, not a bad game. Been playing it for awhile. Seems to overload my PC for some reason though. I wish I could play it outside my browser.

EDIT: Make sure to get your legends early to all the newcomers.

Last edited by reo; 03-18-2010 at 03:09 PM.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:50 PM   #7
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

I have an account there but I havent played in a very very very long time.. I am sure they counted me as a user too.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEM
I have an account there but I havent played in a very very very long time.. I am sure they counted me as a user too.
There's guys with multiple accounts too. So, if anything it's just 1 million accounts. Regardless, it's a positive sign.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »