Home

Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-22-2010, 12:37 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

JayBee74's Arena

OVR: 36
Re: Backbreaker Video: Direct-Feed Alpha Gameplay (7 Minutes)

Looked good-not sure about how the defense camera works. On one play the strong side linebacker was being controlled and the pass went to the flat area on the opposite side. The camera angle kept the SAM's perspective so you saw the flat pass roughly 35 yards away (approximation based on a 53 yard wide NFL field). It's possible the gamer didn't switch to the closest man as his focus was on controlling the LB.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:08 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 55
Re: Direct-Feed Backbreaker Gameplay (7 Minutes)

Good video. The more I see the more I begin to accept stuff that isn't there and instead see what new things this offers. It still has the potential to be a very fun game.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 03-22-2010, 01:18 PM   #19

OVR: 34
For a first attempt at a football game, this game looks good. There seems to be a dullness in the presentation department. Some of the player chatter is very repetitive. We may never see the same tackle twice, but the player chatter we'll hear over and over again.

I like it though. You can't knock what you see here for a first effort.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:41 PM   #20
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28

For those expecting this game to get the NFL License eventually I wouldn't hold your breath. Madden has been the top selling nfl game for nearly 20 years. The NFL has no reason to sell the license to someone else unless someone doubles or triples the billion dollars EA initially paid. Not many companies can afford to pay that outside of EA and EA won't allow their cash cow to go away. Your only hope would be for EA to hand over development of the franchise to the backbreaker devs. I am intrigued by this title. Hopefully it can get alot of football details right.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.
Old 03-22-2010, 01:54 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 13

Is there not going to be any players on the sidelines? If not, it's not a game killer for me, just feels kind of empty though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2010, 01:55 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDQ
For a first attempt at a football game, this game looks good. There seems to be a dullness in the presentation department. Some of the player chatter is very repetitive. We may never see the same tackle twice, but the player chatter we'll hear over and over again.

I like it though. You can't knock what you see here for a first effort.
I'm sure they noticed that as well...so that should be fixed.... especially QB calling the play, after the ball is snapped, haha.

last year for Madden 10, when they were showing E3 videos of the game before launch, the crowd was much louder and you could them talk...but it seemed unrealistic...especially when they would say the wrong things when the home offense was on the field.... EA toned it down alittle...so I expect NM to fix any sound issues as well.
Old 03-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 16

This game just doesn't look fun. Repetitive catching animations, non breakable tackles, same phrases "RUN RUN RUNN!!!!, PASS PASS!!!!", and annoying camera...
Old 03-22-2010, 03:11 PM   #24
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i like the qb camera cause it forces you to look to a side, but oline play doesn't really look any better than madden 10

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »