Home

Improvements Everywhere in OOTP 11

This is a discussion on Improvements Everywhere in OOTP 11 within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2010, 11:17 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Improvements Everywhere in OOTP 11

Out of the Park Baseball
has always attempted to be all things to all baseball text simmers. Want to replay past seasons, start a modern-day franchise or join an online league? It is all possible, and more, with Out of the Park (OOTP). OOTP 11 will soon be released, and it looks like the latest version will make the OOTP experience even more immersive.

OOTP Baseball is a text sim that puts you in control of a baseball franchise. The main feature of OOTP is the ability to customize the game how you want to play it. Whether you are into historical, modern-day, fictional or online play, OOTP lets you set your league’s rules, era, alignment, financial settings and so on to your liking. OOTP is generally acknowledged as one of the most in-depth text sims ever created. This makes the game difficult to summarize in a single paragraph, so let us just move right into the preview.

Read More - Improvements Everywhere in OOTP 11
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 11:37 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 2
Can't wait to play this. My pre-order is in.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #3
Rookie

@hyde4us11: me too.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:34 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 8
How do you import the historical past seasons?

You say "consider the fact that OOTP does not require you to purchase season disks." Can you expand a little on this?
Old 03-23-2010, 11:41 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gleebo
How do you import the historical past seasons?

You say "consider the fact that OOTP does not require you to purchase season disks." Can you expand a little on this?
There are third-party mods and databases that you can download and import into the game with all the historical teams and players. The game will generate ratings based on player's real-life stats and abilities. It's pretty simple, actually.

I would recommend visiting the forums over at ootpdevelopments.com to learn more. There's a pretty active community over there that can answer any qustions you might have.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2010, 06:50 AM   #6
Rookie

ukslamjam's Arena

OVR: 10
I love this series. Pre-ordered and waiting for release! ;-)
Old 03-24-2010, 11:26 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 5
Pre-ordering for the first time. I started with OOTP 9, then played 10 quite a bit and immersed myself in the draft, rule 5 draft, arbitration, etc. That part of the game was so fun. Although, I'll admit I couldn't stay focused for 30 rounds of drafting, but hey that's why you can sim the rest.

One problem I had with OOTP 10 was getting unrealistic sim results in a few categories like RBI and Runs. So, with OOTP 11 the standout feature for me is the supposedly more true-to-life sim results. I like the idea of having an option in the game to compare to the "real life" stats.

This game is fantastic and I'm a guy who NEVER thought I could get into a text based game. And FWIW, I never play out games. I auto-play everything and it's still a blast to play.
Old 03-24-2010, 04:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 7
The game and series have come a long way. Still the best on the market warts and all. Should be another good addition to the series.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »