Home

MLB '10: The Show Video: Throw Meter Improvements

This is a discussion on MLB '10: The Show Video: Throw Meter Improvements within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-23-2010, 06:17 PM   #17
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Throw Meter Improvements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
If you hold the button throughout the catching sequence the throw will not go off until the player is in the throw ready position. Your throw could end up being more accurate but very late.
OK, so holding the button throughout the catch sequence is bad, right? Just want to make sure I'm getting this. For instance, say I'm at 3B and have to run toward home to field a soft ground ball. To trigger the correct fielding sequence, should I wait until my player touches the ball before pressing the throw button? Or should I "preload" it by pressing the button BEFORE touching the ball? And what would be the appropriate release point in order to execute a smooth throwing animation?

I really have played this game before, I swear.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:21 PM   #18
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by rondoman
HUH???

I want a blue name!!!
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-sports.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by idesign2
OK, so holding the button throughout the catch sequence is bad, right? Just want to make sure I'm getting this. For instance, say I'm at 3B and have to run toward home to field a soft ground ball. To trigger the correct fielding sequence, should I wait until my player touches the ball before pressing the throw button? Or should I "preload" it by pressing the button BEFORE touching the ball? And what would be the appropriate release point in order to execute a smooth throwing animation?

I really have played this game before, I swear.
I found that pre-loading, pressing the button and releasing it before he picks up the ball, or releasing it before he gets set for the throw has had the most success.

DPs, are a bit trickier, since you have to be faster (as you would a real DP), but seemed to me, holding it down for the throw to first (throughout the sequence) did not effect the throw animation in a bad way, as long as it was pre-loaded before the transition.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:44 PM   #19
Rookie

idesign2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis

I found that pre-loading, pressing the button and releasing it before he picks up the ball, or releasing it before he gets set for the throw has had the most success.

DPs, are a bit trickier, since you have to be faster (as you would a real DP), but seemed to me, holding it down for the throw to first (throughout the sequence) did not effect the throw animation in a bad way, as long as it was pre-loaded before the transition.
OK, that helps. Several times I have tried to preload a throw in the outfield only to see my player dive for the ball instead of throwing to second. I've also had the opposite happen, where I wait too long and my player gets into that "throw-ready" position after fielding the ball. Both are frustrating. Obviously I'm not timing it right.
Old 03-23-2010, 06:48 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnigmaNemesis
http://www.operationsports.com/forum...on-sports.html

Thanks.

I'll become a supporter and get my blue name as soon as my tax refund gets in!!!
Old 03-23-2010, 06:55 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 15

Strangely Russell's link does not work for me. I found the video here http://forums.theshowcommunity.com/s...ead.php?t=1549

Thank you so much for this tutorial, now I understan why I blew a few double plays (animations did not branch).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2010, 07:08 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

I don't know about auto fielding. But as far as manual goes, what i'm not getting about preloading is this - If i'm supposed to press the throw button before i field the ball, wont this cause an off balance throw, because i would also be holding a direction, trying to GET TO the ball. ( If it wasn't hit at me and i had to range to get to it, say ).

That's why i always would wait until he fielded the ball, let go of the left analog, and then throw it. ( the non-branching throw ) I hated the off balance throws, when not needed, but somtimes it would cost me.

Last edited by Dabeeds; 03-23-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:15 PM   #23
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dabeeds
I don't know about auto fielding. But as far as manual goes, what i'm not getting about preloading is this - If i'm supposed to press the throw button before i field the ball, wont this cause an off balance throw, because i would also be holding a direction, trying to GET TO the ball. ( If it wasn't hit at me and i had to range to get to it, say ).

That's why i always would wait until he fielded the ball, let go of the left analog, and then throw it. ( the non-branching throw ) I hated the off balance throws, when not needed, but somtimes it would cost me.
Having your player wait until they are in the throw ready position will yield a more accurate throw more often but you are losing time when you choose to go this route and will fall short on the bang, bang plays.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:53 PM   #24
Animal Liberation

EnigmaNemesis's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB '10: The Show Video: Throw Meter Improvements

New Link:

http://forums.theshowcommunity.com/s...ead.php?t=1549

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »