Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Kushmir Hassan checks in over the next few weeks with 40 fixes that'd put NBA 2K11 completely over the top when it comes to gameplay. Check out his list over the coming weeks and see if you agree with all of his fixes!

Read More - 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 12:13 PM   #2
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

I agree with everything except shot difficulty and full court passes. Before the patches players hit EVERYTHING. Shot %'s were in the high 80's and even after the patch it's still a bit too high.

Full court passes go right over the players head and right out of bounds 90% of the time. That's just my observation though. Everything else he hit right on the head. Hopefully he has Clark Kellogg on that list somewhere, that man is beyond annoying
Old 03-25-2010, 01:06 PM   #3
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13
Couldn't agree more with #7, shots behind the backboard. MAJOR problem, and it's been around in 2k for as many years as I've played it. It's especially bad down in the post, since the shot stick doesn't necessarily tell the guy the proper direction to spin and shoot. It should be programmed so that guy never attempts a shot to the wrong side of the basket, no matter what control input you give.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #4
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
Full court passes go right over the players head and right out of bounds 90% of the time. That's just my observation though. Everything else he hit right on the head.
I agree with full court passes going over their head for the most part.

Ok I'm a bit confused about the Deflecting passes out of bounds thing. Doesn't this happen already? If you notice the players that deflect the passes are looking at the ball. For the most part the passes that make it in are because the defender has his back turned to the ball. I have never seen a passes where the players was looking at the ball the player just stand there. If they were looking at the ball they always attempt to deflect or steal the passes. It might not be a steal. But at least they attempted. I've notice that deflection success rate is way higher. But going for steals is more of a 50/50 or 40/60.

The Ray Allen layup you show in your video. Is kind of bad.....It doesn't matter if I have 5 defender standing there. If only one jumps to attempt an contest. The other 2 stand there. And my shot isn't contested. Why should he miss right there? His hand is on the right side. And the defenders are on his left hip....

I have this small feeling he was playing the unpatched verison of the game. Because a few of the thing he mentioned I already see in the game...The full court passes and deflecting balls/defenders being aware of the ball.

Last edited by jeebs9; 03-25-2010 at 01:17 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:25 PM   #5
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42

I still see the full court passes going for too high of a percentage. The patch helped, but it still isn't perfect. Maybe enact the bobble animation that's present for some full court passes in CH 2k8 would be a good addition. Either way it's still too easy to do a full or 3/4 court pass off of defensive rebounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I still see the full court passes going for too high of a percentage. The patch helped, but it still isn't perfect. Maybe enact the bobble animation that's present for some full court passes in CH 2k8 would be a good addition. Either way it's still too easy to do a full or 3/4 court pass off of defensive rebounds.
I like the bobble animation....But I still don't see what you guys are talking about and full court passes. Is this a full court passes that should be a turnover? (The first one that K.Dooling makes)
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1586658

This is definitely full court pass that shouldn't be completed
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=694959
(thats was a pre-patch video)

Last edited by jeebs9; 03-25-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:59 PM   #7
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Yeah ball denial and shot blocking would be great. I love to see off ball battles, especially in the post, adds to the realism.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM   #8
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I agree with full court passes going over their head for the most part.

Ok I'm a bit confused about the Deflecting passes out of bounds thing. Doesn't this happen already? If you notice the players that deflect the passes are looking at the ball. For the most part the passes that make it in are because the defender has his back turned to the ball. I have never seen a passes where the players was looking at the ball the player just stand there. If they were looking at the ball they always attempt to deflect or steal the passes. It might not be a steal. But at least they attempted. I've notice that deflection success rate is way higher. But going for steals is more of a 50/50 or 40/60.

The Ray Allen layup you show in your video. Is kind of bad.....It doesn't matter if I have 5 defender standing there. If only one jumps to attempt an contest. The other 2 stand there. And my shot isn't contested. Why should he miss right there? His hand is on the right side. And the defenders are on his left hip....

I have this small feeling he was playing the unpatched verison of the game. Because a few of the thing he mentioned I already see in the game...The full court passes and deflecting balls/defenders being aware of the ball.
Thats the perception I was getting when reading that. That he was playing an unpatched version. I doubt that's the case but that's just what it seemed like

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »