Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 03:35 PM   #9
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebs9
I like the bobble animation....But I still don't see what you guys are talking about and full court passes. Is this a full court passes that should be a turnover? (The first one that K.Dooling makes)
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...ediaid=1586658

This is definitely full court pass that shouldn't be completed
http://community.2ksports.com/commun...mediaid=694959
(thats was a pre-patch video)
I wouldn't say take out full court passes completely, just who is able to do it and how frequently they are able to do it. No one's going to be able to throw FC passes w/ 100% accuracy every time IRL, so the game should simulate that. Whether it's having the pass bounce ahead of the intended reciever, or the bobble animation I mentioned, something to tone down the effectiveness of the pass is needed.

I don't want to see guys w/ low pass ratings still making good long passes like that, and like I said the patch did an ok job of eliminating that. I have no problem w/ good pgs making passes like that. But the rate of the effectiveness of those passes needs to go down more, whether it's putting in a bobble animation to slow the break or something else.

There wasn't a problem w/ the Dooling pass. It's the passes that go from under one basket to the other freethrow line right on the mark that I have a problem with. And yes that 2nd play was exactly what i'm talking about.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:44 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 11
I dont agree with not one single thing on your list and you still have more to bring. Are you serious with this garbage? You think because you have a gripe, an example of it, and a solution that there is actually a problem? I'm gonna be very careful as to what I say because almost anything gets you an infraction with this website, even though we all watch family guy and aren't offended, anywayz.

Why when these "fixes' articles come out, its never about NBA LIVE? How come? please tell me, how the most played game, 2K, is always the first on this website to have the "fixes"...people are still playing and enjoying the title, still getting fresh rosters, still gaming in leagues, what is this "fixes" garbage?

I never see these fixes articles for Madden, even though you all at EA still havent gotten it right...still...but you guys at EA, always have something to say about "fixing" 2K, are you serious. and you have 40 fixes, lmao....I know you're bored and are waiting for Kentucky-Cornell tonight, but geesh, what garbage reporting...full court passes? shot difficulty? missing shots when you're wide open? Man if you don't wanna play basketball, don't ask that the best SPORTS game simulation OUT fix it so you score more, if you suck, you suck, No game fixes are gonna help you realize when to shoot, who to shoot, who you are shooting against, etc. that comes with knowing the players you are playing with...alot of what he speaks of DOESNT exist. And his video replays don't look like issues, he sucks...
Old 03-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #11
Banned

To further the point, we have to less than completed baseball games come to the market, that clearly needed fixes, and got them thru patches...NBA 2K10 is pure simulated basketball. Please talk abou NBA LIVE ease of play, ease of everything, its easy because they couldnt program it to have balls, its like a 2kbball game from 5 years ago...when will they catch up. If Im am counting right, this is like the 5th or 6th article trying to fix NBA2K10, yet I have seen sympathy blogs about Madden, and almost Nothing on Nba Live, its like you guys put the game out, and it is child's play compared to the seriousness of 2K, and I see nothing on your website about it, No developer interview about what went wrong, what still needs to be done, why you cant catch 2k, admit, with real articles, not these viral, smear campaigns that you're younger readers, or you're older dumb ones, cant see it for what it is...Please spend more time making sure The NYJ have Wildcat formation in the playbook, when we were the first to use it, 5 years ago...lol...EA needs to fix who studies these games for them....Leave NBA2K alone, Im sure Rob Thomas and the boys are making it the best, without your silly list, and its not finished yet!

Why didn't you make a 3 parter about the 40 ways you love NBA2K, since you play it so much, and you gonna write 3 parts about how much you play it and whats wrong? really? I didnt finish college, but Im not paint chip slow either, you need to stop with the "faux" articles. You know damn well you have 40 reasons why you hate that EA is making you diss your favorite game....lol....and I still remember that video of EA canada playing NBA 2k7 and CHoops2k7 to get better at making their game....hahahahahahaha
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 04:10 PM   #12
Banned

Check the basketball section of this website, Its all NBA 2K! EA introduced NBA JAM in January and basically ABANDONED NBA LIVE discussion, you released some New Sneakers (lmao) {New Sneakers! LOL} and that was it, no talk about NBA LIVE since allstar weekend...one lame article about needing the dream, lol.
So WHATS WRONG WITH LIVE? How come no talk, no articles, no interested fans, nobody talking about it, BUT YOU HAVE FIXES for NBA 2K...
(sucks his teeth) (shakes his head)...40 fixes for 2k...yeah right...and Bush left the country in great shape...
Old 03-25-2010, 04:20 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 26

lol @ the "Foul Trouble" defensive pressure setting. I swear he got that from me.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:24 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 36

My idea for full-court passes. They should keep the occasional too-far pass that goes out of bounds but I'd like a pass that is a long lob that may bounce before the player can get to it, and a pass that is a lob that is behind so the player has to wait for it. This would make it so that sometimes the pass will go too far and make the hoop at a rough angle, or the defender could get to the pass before the offensive player. Also sometimes a player may be wide open for a dunk, but has to wait for a pass and the defense has a chance to get back.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:51 PM   #15
Fear is the Unknown

jeebs9's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by rangerrick012
I wouldn't say take out full court passes completely, just who is able to do it and how frequently they are able to do it. No one's going to be able to throw FC passes w/ 100% accuracy every time IRL, so the game should simulate that. Whether it's having the pass bounce ahead of the intended reciever, or the bobble animation I mentioned, something to tone down the effectiveness of the pass is needed.

I don't want to see guys w/ low pass ratings still making good long passes like that, and like I said the patch did an ok job of eliminating that. I have no problem w/ good pgs making passes like that. But the rate of the effectiveness of those passes needs to go down more, whether it's putting in a bobble animation to slow the break or something else.

There wasn't a problem w/ the Dooling pass. It's the passes that go from under one basket to the other freethrow line right on the mark that I have a problem with. And yes that 2nd play was exactly what i'm talking about.
I agree with everything your saying.

But that second video with the super long pass from a big man. Since the patch I haven't that happen. That video was before the patch. Everytime I play a random opponent. They always throw on of those passes.....right out of bounds.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 05:38 PM   #16
Banned

JerseySuave4's Arena

OVR: 23
for me full court passes go out of bound 90% of the time. Very rarely do guys complete long passes for wide open dunks. I find it rather annoying when i have a guy wide open for an easy basket and my guy throws the ball 8 feet over his head. In real life, NBA players will complete that pass. How often do you really see guys in the NBA sail the ball over a teammate's head on a long pass? Not often because these guys are pros and can complete that pass.

Also, i can't stand in the half court how often a guy throws the ball over a teammate's head. Like if you drive and want to kick it out for a open teammate to shoot the guy maybe 60% of the time sails the ball over his teammate's head.

I do agree about the shots off the side of the glass though. That one is frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »