Home

40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

This is a discussion on 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I) within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-25-2010, 11:28 PM   #25
Pro

videlsports's Arena

OVR: 25
I think they just need to concentrate on some exploits, fix or redo my player, and heavy focus online play. I love NBA TODAY. 2kPlease put in Online Lobbies that are ranked.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2010, 11:42 PM   #26
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by videlsports
I think they just need to concentrate on some exploits, fix or redo my player, and heavy focus online play. I love NBA TODAY. 2kPlease put in Online Lobbies that are ranked.
Online play did suck out of the box, but has been fixed after the patch. It should be effective out of the box and all of the features should work next year, if that's what you mean. But they shouldn't focus solely on online play if it sacrifices other things (improved Association mode, MyPlayer) for offline players.
Old 03-26-2010, 12:19 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 19
it really sounds like you were playing the unpatched version.
the patch addressed all these issues.
and foul trouble is fine the way it is. if your star player gets into foul trouble, do what any coach would do, put him on the bench.

if anything they need to fine tune the blocking foul. Its not called enough.

#6 shots behind teh backboard is teh only thing I agree with it. But this doesnt happen a whole lot. If you play under control, it rarely happens.

Ive played with a cousin of mine and it was happening to him alot, but his style fo play was "AND-1" style of play. I play a more fundamental style of ball.
Old 03-26-2010, 01:24 AM   #28
Pro

OVR: 6
How about improving fouling in general? There need to be moving screen fouls and more blocking fouls. The game has shooting fouls almost exclusively. Finally please fix the simulation engine it is calculating NBA game FGA at 105 per game when the highest NBA team this season was shooting 85, and it also shoots way too low a FG%. These two things throws off rebounding and all other statistics in association.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:27 AM   #29
Rookie

OVR: 16
I don't mind those passes going over players heads. No one throws that many long passes in the NBA. The reason your open is because you leaked or left early. Cherry Picking.

Cherry picking is not in the NBA so those passes should continue to not be completed. It was a major problem on 2k8. It was fixed with a patch.

The biggest problem with 2k is that most people can be competitive shooting right under the basket.. 2k needs to take a look at shot charts from actual games. No one in the NBA averages 50% of their points in the paint. Not even the worst three point teams.

If they would have made the block feature stronger 2k8. Or allow for higher steals under the rim like in 2k8 it will allow me to police my own middle. After getting a bunch of shots blocked or stolen when your trying to score on 4 people under the rim most people would get the point and stop running under the rim. They would be forced to play real bball.

Like mostly everyone I played in 2k8. The post defense was strong enough that these cheap layups would not be scored all game long with nothing you can really do about it.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:37 AM   #30
Rookie

OVR: 16
rangerrick012: Umm. Online sucked big time out of the box. The post defense was non existent. It' got better but it's still to easy to score under the rim.

The one thing they can do is bring back the online lobby from 2k8. It would allow me to look at a players shot chart before I play them.

That way I could avoid the rim runners. If I could see 50% of your shots are layups and 25% are dunkss and maybe you shoot 5 jump shots a game I would know I don't want to play you.

That lobby could have kept me from playing hundreds of cheesers.

Also they must bring back the Hall of Fame ranked lobby.

That hall of fame ranked lobby was the true ballers heaven. No cheesers allowed. It's what made 2k8 my favorite bball game of all time.

To me 2k10 is great but the defense is what is lacking to make it better than 2k8.
Old 03-26-2010, 06:13 AM   #31
Banned

OVR: 12
Great article. I totally agree with your comments.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 AM   #32
All Star

rangerrick012's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: 40 Fixes for NBA 2K11 (Part I)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackRome
rangerrick012: Umm. Online sucked big time out of the box. The post defense was non existent. It' got better but it's still to easy to score under the rim.
I said online sucked out of the box. But I'm saying other things like MyPlayer and Association, which were broken as well, should work better as well. In a perfect world, all of this stuff would work and we wouldn't have to wait 3 months for a patch to fix it like we did this year. But the online thing is a simple server thing more than anything else.

The lag, disconnects, f'ed up crews - that all should be relatively simple to fix. But perfecting association mode and making MyPlayer better are to me bigger fixes than online play. In general it should always be offline fixes > online fixes. But that's just me. And the thing you mentioned are more gameplay problems than online problems. So yes those are gameplay fixes that are needed, but not b/c of online.

And can I just say one more thing - NO MORE WHACKED OUT ANIMATIONS IN THE PAINT! This is a must, they must at least be toned down more, again the patch helped, but it's still a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »