Home

Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (Gameinformer)

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Hands-On Preview (Gameinformer) within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #17
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Gameinformer Preview

Yeah this preview makes me not want this game anymore.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 04-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 12

I like having good and negative previews to read as it allows me to decide what is more important to me. Some issues in Madden are huge issues to some, while those same issues dont mean anything to me and vice versa.

This actually sounded like a pretty honest assesment of the previewers experience with the game. The fact that he mentioned both positive and negative aspects are a breath of fresh air since I dont feel that there may have been an agenda , one way or the other.

It answered a lot of questions to me though.

What stands out to me the most is the issue of a lack of AI in the game. This can really make or break an experience no matter what type of game or genre you are playing, not just sports.

This game introduces new concepts and I appreciate the fact that another company is trying something new. However, I feel if they ignore some of the problems mentioned in this article, then all the good will be overlooked in favor of the bad. All the amazing graphics and tackles in the world mean nothing if the offense and defense dont play properly.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:42 PM   #19
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
someone correct me if I'm wrong, but this is what it seems like we know so far...

you can't take your team named Green Bay Packers online....but you can make that team for your offline games and franchise.

you can take your team named the GreenBay (one word) Packers online though....or GB Packers...

if you want your team colors and logos to be shown you have to add someone you play online as a "friend" and you will be able to see his NFL team and he will be able to see yours.

offline, it seems you can have whatever you want. correct full names and team names for your franchise...(which we didn't know before this preview)

online you need to add someone as a friend (if he isn't already) but you can quickly delete him as a friend after the game, if you choose.
Yeah pretty much, just gotta edit team and player names I guess. File sharing appears blocked tho too. If you wanna create anything, you'll have to do it yourself.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:48 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjcheezhead
Yeah pretty much, just gotta edit team and player names I guess. File sharing appears blocked tho too. If you wanna create anything, you'll have to do it yourself.
no actually it is not available "in-game"...like MLB The Show's roster vault....

you would share rosters and teams like how we do NFL 2K5...you save it to a memory card and upload it online through your computer...

then someone can download it to their USB card and copy it over to their PS3/360.
Old 04-02-2010, 08:54 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimsontide27
I like having good and negative previews to read as it allows me to decide what is more important to me. Some issues in Madden are huge issues to some, while those same issues dont mean anything to me and vice versa.

This actually sounded like a pretty honest assesment of the previewers experience with the game. The fact that he mentioned both positive and negative aspects are a breath of fresh air since I dont feel that there may have been an agenda , one way or the other.

It answered a lot of questions to me though.

What stands out to me the most is the issue of a lack of AI in the game. This can really make or break an experience no matter what type of game or genre you are playing, not just sports.

This game introduces new concepts and I appreciate the fact that another company is trying something new. However, I feel if they ignore some of the problems mentioned in this article, then all the good will be overlooked in favor of the bad. All the amazing graphics and tackles in the world mean nothing if the offense and defense dont play properly.
its hard to judge the AI when he plays it in Arcade mode (which he chose for some reason)....as well as not knowing settings who, what type of teams he was going against....every team should not play the same.

can't wait till get my hands on the game to find out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-02-2010, 08:57 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
then someone can download it to their USB card and copy it over to their PS3/360.
I wonder how easy it will be with the 360's USB update next week
Old 04-02-2010, 09:05 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
its hard to judge the AI when he plays it in Arcade mode (which he chose for some reason)....as well as not knowing settings who, what type of teams he was going against....every team should not play the same.

can't wait till get my hands on the game to find out.
very true

you see the same kind of complaints(game is to easy;defense has holes and doesn't react; the game is a slug fest;etc..) with 90% of game demos, especially sports games when the settings are on easy/rookie.

...and it definitely doesn't make things better playing the game on arcade.

judging from what i have seen i'm sold.

Last edited by mr_president; 04-02-2010 at 09:07 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:09 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 14
I'm hoping NaturalMotion can take this critique and use it to mold their game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »