Home

2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-08-2010, 09:32 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

The 2010 FIFA World Cup demo is available now, weighing in at 913 MB. Please post your impressions here.
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70
Re: 2010 FIFA World Cup Demo Available Now, Post Impressions Here

I just played it,the last real soccer game I put time into was the 2006 World Cup game. Graphics looked great, but the announcers sound like they are announcing the game over a CB radio or something. Just sounded weird.

The menu for choosing your team was awful, took me 5 minutes just to figure out that you can only use Italy and Spain. Next time EA, how about having only those 2 teams available instead of 190 locked teams. And why wouldn't the United States be usable? Seemed odd to me. But what do I know.

It was fun though, will probably pick it up when it's cheaper.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-08-2010, 10:33 AM   #3
Qb
All Star

Qb's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
The menu for choosing your team was awful, took me 5 minutes just to figure out that you can only use Italy and Spain. Next time EA, how about having only those 2 teams available instead of 190 locked teams. And why wouldn't the United States be usable? Seemed odd to me. But what do I know.
Looking forward to this, as it's a good three month or so football fix. As for it being Italy and Spain, Italy won the last World Cup and Spain won Euro 2008. More appeal to the world audience, as the US is a sliver of FIFA sales in the big picture. I can imagine the menu being cumbersome if it's the globe thing shown in the videos. But I think it's cool... free geography lessons for the kiddies!
Old 04-08-2010, 01:28 PM   #4
MVP

OVR: 30
While not a soccer fan, I ironically had played the Fifa 10 demo, again, last night, prior to reading, last night, that THIS demo would be avail, today. I must say, once I learned how to defend and control the players more, "Fifa is DOPE!"
I haven't owned a Fifa since my Genesis days and even the one I owned, someone gave it to me, brand new for free. I dug it back then but times have changed.

So, I downloaded this new World Cup demo today and played about 11 games straight. I think I may be addicted. I can't do an adequate comparison to previous Fifas, on any level, but what I do know is that I may be purchasing this game in the near future. I am mcluvin this demo. The animations, the controls, the fun factor is enormous and once I dig into the nuances of the game, it will become even more so.
Old 04-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #5
Puck Dynasty

soxnut1018's Arena

OVR: 8

Is it available for PS3 because I cannot find it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #6
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Anyone know if there are penalties after a draw?

It was like that in the FIFA 10 demo, and I want to try the new system.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 9

compared to fifa 10, world cup seems much more fluid. The game speed seems faster but more realistic. The graphics have been much improved and the pitch seems slightly larger. It still seems pretty easy to chip the keeper. The camera angles on cutaways are nice and the presentation got a much-needed upgrade.

There are no penalty kicks if you end in a draw. I wanted to try out the new penalty mechanics but with no luck.

i wasn't going to purchase, but i'm really liking the upgrades.
Old 04-08-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Anyone know if there are penalties after a draw?

It was like that in the FIFA 10 demo, and I want to try the new system.
Just played it for about 2hrs straight. Early impressions are very good, the improvements over FIFA 10 are minor but excellent. Really enjoyed it.

Dissapointed that you can't do the new penalties though! game just finishes as a draw.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »