Home

Out of the Park Baseball 11 Review

This is a discussion on Out of the Park Baseball 11 Review within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:08 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 23
Re: Out of the Park Baseball 11 Review

OOTP is always good, and this year is no exception, Markus and the crew do a fantastic job for a small company.

On the issue of graphics, I think it will happen eventually, maybe it will only be like the old Football Manager 2D engine, but that would be cool.
Old 04-13-2010, 08:11 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 7
Excellent read, i couldn't agree more !
Old 04-13-2010, 01:20 PM   #11
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20

Good review. With the mod packs the game is even better.

For a more true MLB experience, I suggest you guys add the all in one MLB mod. You can add this from within the game.

• Over 1,300 FaceGen-generated images for current MLB players. FaceGen image faces change based on player mood, age over time, and change uniforms and ballcaps when they switch teams (credit: Historical FaceGen Project Team)
  • Over 20,000 player photos, that cover almost every player in the database who doesn't have a FaceGen, including historical players
  • Real MLB and MiLB team and league logos
  • Day and night ballpark images, captured from MLB2k10 (credit: desertfox07)
  • Custom ballcaps and jerseys for each team

Installation Instructions - All Leagues
This mod has been made available through PadresFan's servers and OOTP's in-game add-ons functionality, so downloading and installing it should be a snap!
  1. Load OOTP and load any saved game/start a new one. (it doesn't matter which one, you just have to be in a game to get to the Add-ons Central)
  2. Navigate to OOTP Menu >> Add-ons Central.
  3. Click on Reload Add-Ons List. You should now see PadresFan's server and some add-ons in the list.
  4. Click on the Download button next to H.F.P. 2010 MLB All-in-One (all leagues).
  5. Wait for the download to complete. The mod is over 200 MB in size, so it may take a few minutes. Don't worry if it looks like it's not doing anything - it is!
  6. When it is complete, click the Install button.
  7. When that is done, return to the OOTP Main screen, and click on New 2010 Major League Game. That's it! Your new game should have all of the above!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 03:21 AM   #12
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

OS should have an OOTP league... but I think there's only like five or six guys here that actually play it.
Old 04-14-2010, 05:13 AM   #13
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
I think alot more people on here are getting into it. I had and would never have had heard of it if it wasn't for OS. I picked up ootp x about 2 months ago and am so addicted. I wonder if people shy away from it because it doesn't have MLB liscence and they don't have a clue what mods are or how they work. I'm fairly computer illeterate but there are so many helpfull ppl on the ootp site that applying the mods was actually quite simple and painless. Now I have a fully functioning MLB league that passes tons of hours. I also like the fact that you don't need much of a computer to run it. Nowadays I can't seem to keep up with technology luckily with ootp I don't need too. Well worth 40 bucks I'll be picking this game up every year.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:24 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 5
I play OOTP, but never have done a league before. I'd consider an OS league if others were interested. I don't have the time to run the league, but I'd definitely consider being a team owner. My newborn has kept me from digging into 11 yet, but in comparison to 10 it seems good so far. I like the layout and the all in one mod pack was simple.

One note on the all in one mod pack: you for some reason have to start a league AFTER you install the pack or all the logos, etc will not be there. So, 1) create a league - doesn't matter the options since this will be a dummy league 2) download and install the all in one mod pack and 3) start a NEW league and this will be your league now and you'll have everything from the mod pack working. If you just stick in that first dummy created league the logos will not always load and it just doesn't work right. Hope this makes sense.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:35 PM   #15
umd
MVP

umd's Arena

OVR: 16

This is a great game - I'm really enjoying it, so much so that I will probably hold off on buying The Show until this summer.

Thanks for the heads up on the mod-pack. I love how easy it is to find and install the mods.

As for an "OS League", there is an OOTP league that has a large amount of OSers and ex-OSers. It is called Brewers League Baseball and is currently running it's seasons as an OOTPX league. I'm guessing they will convert to 11 in due time.

The website is here:

http://www.simgamingnetwork.com/?styleid=10

There's also a FOF league called the OSFL and a Bowl Bound League called the NCFA.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 04:14 PM   #16
MVP

Matt Diesel's Arena

OVR: 20
I tried to get an OS league together last year, but I had to go away unexpectedly for work and never followed through. I am down for trying a league this year and can help run and organize it. I have a server so there will be no problems with hosting the league files and whatnot. I guess we can try again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »