Home

Skate 3 Video: Focusing on Hall of Meat

This is a discussion on Skate 3 Video: Focusing on Hall of Meat within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Skate 3 Video: Focusing on Hall of Meat

Check out the newest Skate 3 video focusing on the Hall of Meat.
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-14-2010, 04:43 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 1
that was nice. although I am expecting for a video still the pictures are cool and detailed. please add some extra info on this game. thanks.

http://www.morethanalive.com/Bulk_Herbs
Old 04-14-2010, 03:27 PM   #3
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Skate 3 Video: Focusing on Hall of Meat

Okay, that was stupid. It certainly doesn't help with the push toward realism, and just looks hokey. Now you'll get a lot of "top videos" with people tumbling and springing after their initial bail.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-14-2010, 04:41 PM   #4
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

While I agree with you Blzer, I also think that this should be fun to mess with. I enjoyed just trying to injure myself in Skate 2, it was pretty good fun when you're bored with the rest of the game.
Old 04-15-2010, 12:39 AM   #5
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
While I agree with you Blzer, I also think that this should be fun to mess with. I enjoyed just trying to injure myself in Skate 2, it was pretty good fun when you're bored with the rest of the game.
No doubt, I just don't enjoy this being any sort of focus in the game. One problem with the Hall of Meat in Skate 2 is that it takes so damn long to get out of the screen when you hurt yourself because it's such a bloated feature in the game. It was just fine in Skate, but now they have to bailing and doing head dives into the ground. Without rag doll physics, it just looks weird.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 12:53 AM   #6
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
No doubt, I just don't enjoy this being any sort of focus in the game. One problem with the Hall of Meat in Skate 2 is that it takes so damn long to get out of the screen when you hurt yourself because it's such a bloated feature in the game. It was just fine in Skate, but now they have to bailing and doing head dives into the ground. Without rag doll physics, it just looks weird.
I can understand where you're coming from.

Hopefully with the in game skeleton overlay on your guy, that screen will be less frustrating.
Old 04-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
Okay, that was stupid...
They are screwing up this series. The original Skate showed a lot of promise: bare bones, down to the nitty gritty, cut out any nonsense... Skate...

They could have just continued to build different cities to skate in, but instead decided to try to cash in with the flop that was Skate 2... And now have lost their focus.

And to make matters worse, this new city is looking more and more like a skate park disguised as a city, rather than a city to skate.

Too bad, they had something going for a minute there.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »