Home

ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots

This is a discussion on ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-09-2010, 12:09 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots

Critically Acclaimed ProStroke Golf heads to the PlayStationTM 3, Xbox® 360 & PC

Northamptonshire, UK Thursday 8th April 2010 – O-Games announces ProStroke Golf: World Tour for the PlayStation™ 3, Xbox® 360 and PC.

Building on the success of the critically acclaimed ProStroke Golf: World Tour 2007, O-Games and developer Gusto Games have been developing ProStroke for its debut on the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles.

ProStroke Golf made its mark by delivering realistic golf physics and shot taking, using the revolutionary ProStroke View and ProStroke Swing.

David Wiltshire O-Games Producer commented “ProStroke Golf’s control and physics were unrivalled in video games golf and truly delivered a realistic golfing experience. We’ve been hard a work for some time now to bring ProStroke to the PS3 and Xbox 360 consoles to continue the success of the brand and build on the success of the product”.

With a number of fully licensed courses, five different playing modes including Challenge Mode where you can pitch yourself against a pro, and enhanced gameplay physics to ensure a truly realistic golfing experience, ProStroke Golf: World Tour will take you from your living room and onto the golf course like never before.

“There will be some big announcements shortly surrounding ProStroke that are very exciting” David Wiltshire added.

Pro Stoke Golf World Tour for the PlayStation™ 3, Xbox® 360 and PC coming soon.

Check out the screenshots, right here.
Platform: PC / PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-09-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: ProStroke Golf: World Tour Announcement and Screenshots

Wow! I'm totally shocked to see this announcement. I had no clue that this was in development. I'd like to see ProStroke's swing interface at work with NATAL, which I think is what David Wiltshire is hinting about. Image... a swing interface that not only captures your arm and hand movement during the swing, but the weight transfer of your body!?

I just hope they can give some life to the presentation. ProStroke Golf 2007 had a very dry, clinical approach that didn't draw me in. They were onto something with the dual stick interface that rewarded proper weight shift though.

I saw elsewhere that this was tentatively scheduled for an October release. I wish them luck with it; Tiger Woods XX needs some competition!
Old 04-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Wonderful news. This is the perfect time for this game to come out.
Old 04-10-2010, 11:27 AM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

One thing I forgot to mention earlier... ProStroke Golf 2007 had a course creation facility for the XBox. I would be surprised of ProStroke Golf: World Tour doesn't have this as well. There would have to be a way of hosting and distributing the courses via XBox Live to make this work, but we've seen other games host user created material for download.

Heck, Avatar Golf has a course creation utility, but the distribution method is a bit restrictive (only those on your friend's list can download what you've got). Keep in mind I'm not speaking of an architect on the order of Tiger Woods Golf 06 on the PC, or Links Golf 2003's APCD, but I was amazed at what could be done on the XBox version.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:55 AM   #5
Pro

OVR: 9

I look forward to see how this game will work with the new motion controls for the PS3 and 360.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-15-2010, 05:36 PM   #6
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

Nice.
Old 04-16-2010, 03:29 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2
I can't wait for this game. The PS2 version had superior gameplay than TW. It's two major drawbacks were the graphics and list of golfers. If they want to sell some copies in the States, they had better sign Phil to a marketing deal. Put the reigning Masters champ, and fan favorite, on the cover and rake in the dough. I'm a Tiger the golfer fan through and through, but EA needs some competition.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:08 AM   #8
All Star

rockchisler's Arena

OVR: 40

Wow very surprised to hear this, I enjoyed 07 on my xbox.

Follow me on www.Twitter.com/Rockchisler

Just type [ SPOILER ] and [ / SPOILER ], without any spaces.

ROOKIE KILLER

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »