Home

Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-16-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Are we still stuck in San Vanelona in this one?
No, new city.

Old 04-16-2010, 07:21 PM   #10
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Tried it out and its really nice on Hardcore mode. For some reason it just feels better than Skate 1 & 2.

But I think I'll just stick with Skate 2 for now. Not enough of an improvement imo.
I think the biggest reason for me to get Skate 3 is that I didn't get Skate 2.

However for me, I have a feeling I'm going to take advantage of this game during the TRU 3-for-2 deal in October with ModNation Racers and maybe another game down the line. I just don't have the money to get all of these games now, along with getting Backbreaker and playing my MLB franchises, plus thinking of getting the GTA expansion pack.

Ahh, too many good games!
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-16-2010, 08:53 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I think the biggest reason for me to get Skate 3 is that I didn't get Skate 2.

However for me, I have a feeling I'm going to take advantage of this game during the TRU 3-for-2 deal in October with ModNation Racers and maybe another game down the line. I just don't have the money to get all of these games now, along with getting Backbreaker and playing my MLB franchises, plus thinking of getting the GTA expansion pack.

Ahh, too many good games!
I swear this is a catchphrase around here, lol. I know what you mean, I still have barely touched Assassin's Creed II, plus all the other games in my sig have been keeping me busy as well so it just wouldn't make any sense for me to pick this up.

The demo did change my mind about the game though. At first I wasn't even going to bother at all with Skate 3 but after playing the demo I think I'll give it a look later in the year when it's cheap.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #12
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

If you didn't get skate.2 then you'd appriciate this one that much more.

I played it right after playing skate.2 and it was more of an improvement than I initially thought. Normal seems to be right between easy and hardcore with hardcore being closest to the older games. Easy would probably be worth playing on for the comps unless they've added DQs. One thing I didn't like was it going to the X-ray vision on bails instead of showing it on a seperate screen.

I wasn't going to bother getting it (having played much of skate.2 twice over then quitting on the 360 version) so haven't been following but since Just Cause 2 and FFXIII are disapointments I've got games to trade.
Old 04-17-2010, 03:19 PM   #13
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

Just downloaded today. I didn't play online because no one on my list will play this game, but i like the hardcore mode , i may not get as many points for crazy on/off rail tricks but i like it a lot. I don't think its a first ay purchase as money is tight, but its a definite buy at some point, and i'm sure i'll have a long play time as i did with skate2. Plus its one of the few console games my wife likes.

Didn't pull off a darkslide yet though. I'll try it a little later.
Old 04-17-2010, 04:52 PM   #14
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionsFanNJ
Just downloaded today. I didn't play online because no one on my list will play this game, but i like the hardcore mode , i may not get as many points for crazy on/off rail tricks but i like it a lot. I don't think its a first ay purchase as money is tight, but its a definite buy at some point, and i'm sure i'll have a long play time as i did with skate2. Plus its one of the few console games my wife likes.

Didn't pull off a darkslide yet though. I'll try it a little later.
The darkslide is legit when you do pull it off. It's sometimes a bit hard to flip out of, but it's a welcoming addition to this franchise.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-17-2010, 09:23 PM   #15
MVP

Marvel at my excellent hardcore darkslide.

Hardcore mode is essentially making it pretty hard to land on rails and extremely hard to do any flip tricks while on the rail. Most of the flips out of grinds require you to be at the extreme end of the rail.

Maybe it's just me, but this is the third straight year I can't do 360 hardflips. The trick analyzer shows the motion I'm doing, and it looks right, but I do regular hardflips most of the time.

Also, on any difficulty, I can't do any frontflips or backflips whatsoever. Hopefully that gets fixed before launch.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 11:30 PM   #16
Closet pyromaniac

Whitesox's Arena

OVR: 38

Where was that? Very nice!

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »