Home

NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 1

This is a discussion on NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 1 within the Other Basketball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #9
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K10 vs. NBA Live 10 BattleGround 2010: Round 1

yeah man there are random spots where 2k's crowd is really good...but nowhere as consistent as Live....Great stuff Czar.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:42 AM   #10
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

OVR: 61
Haha I knew that score on the crowds wasn't going to go over well with everyone : ). I really felt though that the ability to have road fans were jerseys and applaud for their team took a good programing effort. That and a solid dynamic crowd implementation I thought warranted an even score although overall 2k's has a "better" crowd.

I went back on forth on that one for awhile family...hahaha end the end I'm okay with where its it But I can also definitely see arguments to the other side. I love the "look" of 2k's crowd... No doubt.
Old 04-17-2010, 09:48 AM   #11
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

thats true too Czar...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-17-2010, 10:57 AM   #12
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
Haha I knew that score on the crowds wasn't going to go over well with everyone : ). I really felt though that the ability to have road fans were jerseys and applaud for their team took a good programing effort. That and a solid dynamic crowd implementation I thought warranted an even score although overall 2k's has a "better" crowd.

I went back on forth on that one for awhile family...hahaha end the end I'm okay with where its it But I can also definitely see arguments to the other side. I love the "look" of 2k's crowd... No doubt.
No explanation needed, Czar. We all know you put a lot of time into each game.

That actually leads me to a question: How much playtime do you put into each game? Just curious, and do you play any other games aside from hoops?
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 34
always top notch stuff by mr. czar
Old 04-17-2010, 02:31 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 14
I thought that Live should have gotten way higher on the crowds while trying with 2k on mascots.
Old 04-17-2010, 10:32 PM   #15
MVP

statum71's Arena

I'm a 2K fan. But I must agree with the other guys...the crowd in 2K is a weakness. Not by the way the crowd looks but in responsiveness.

There are just wayyyy too many times when a good thing happens for the home team (steal, block, etc.) and the crowd doesn't even cheer. And sometimes when they do its like 4 seconds after the fact.

Love 2K but its annoying. Hurts the realism. Live doesn't do that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 07:41 AM   #16
NBA 2K Gameplay Producer, Offensive AI System - SIM NATION

Da_Czar's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Djwlfpack
No explanation needed, Czar. We all know you put a lot of time into each game.

That actually leads me to a question: How much playtime do you put into each game? Just curious, and do you play any other games aside from hoops?
Djwlfpack I would be ashamed to say how much I play these game leading up to the battleground. I love playing the major sports but madden has been down a few years but I played it a bit this year and ncaa football and basketball have both been down but I play a TON of the mlb series.

Since I started doing stuff for the basketball games though my overall gaming has went down due to time. So not as much of the war games or not any really.

anyone who has tried to get me to play online knows I really can't find the time.

OS has the most passionate and knowledgeable sports fans AND video game fans so what I want to do is produce material that tries to take it as serious as you guys do.

so in gereral I play them until I love them and then I play em till I can't stand them. Then I stop for awhile and go in fresh and see if my original thesis holds any water and capture and start putting it together.

I also play a good, real good amount of last years games to keep everything in perspective, I think its crazy to judge a game outside of the restraints of its timeline to be made.
Catch me on that #SimNation #SimHangOut Friday's @ 10:00 pm est https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...N7yxMiElOpMl_B

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Other Basketball Games »