Home

Madden NFL 11 - Motion Controls in Madden? (IGN)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 - Motion Controls in Madden? (IGN) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 02:14 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 - Motion Controls in Madden? (IGN)

IGN's Nate Ahearn ponders the uses for Sony and Microsoft's new peripherals, hitting stores this fall, with Madden NFL 11 in the spotlight. What would you like to see?

Quote:
"In this, the first of many looks at how to use both Natal and PlayStation Move in fun ways that don't replace the core gameplay that we know and love, I'm going to put Madden NFL 11 in the spotlight. It seems, at least from our initial understanding of the two separate technologies, that PlayStation Move will be the better option when it comes to emulating sports games. I'm not talking about just using an IR sensor to point to receivers on the field as you do in the Wii version of Madden. If what Sony says is true, then true 1:1 (one-to-one) motion could make its way to high-definition sports games for the first time. Natal could also tackle a segment of the sport of football, but I'd like EA Sports to keep their use of the camera technology to a minimum in the hopes of not hurting Madden's gameplay."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Pro

J Masta J's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Madden NFL 11 - Motion Controls in Madden? (IGN)

If EA can't make a good game with basic console-controller technology I don't want to see what they come up with when utilizing something so high tech.

Old 04-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Masta J
If EA can't make a good game with basic console-controller technology I don't want to see what they come up with when utilizing something so high tech.
Good point.
Old 04-18-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

This is all good. But I don't think neither system would work very well right now with madden football. I am sure it would work alot better years down the road with a lot of testing and all. But for now Natal are the ps3 model would not work well with madden football. If EA was to try this with both consoles this year they would lose a ton of money. They are better off sticking with the old control style instead where it is more hands on. I'm very sure if this is properly tested and it works good down the road sometime in the next 4 are 5 years. Then they would make a ton of money. But for know it is untested and it would be a complete mess.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-18-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Rookie

BlackJack_Williams's Arena

OVR: 7
I would rather this not happen. It would definitely work with Tiger Woods but in Madden? No. With the example given for the PS3 with the 'football shaped' attachment, I can see a lot of broken televisions, controllers, and faces. I feel silly doing anything on the Wii regardless of how much fun it is, Madden is a serious thing here lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 05:17 PM   #6

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

They don't need to go anywhere near this.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:36 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
They don't need to go anywhere near this.
Well I mean it could work for years down the road if they can make it perfect to where it works real good. But at this time in place. No one really would waste money on something like this. It's been tested on games like this I'm sure. But for them to get this to flow with the gameplay of madden. They would have make it near perfect for any football fan to even touch it.
Old 04-18-2010, 05:47 PM   #8
Pro

Mr_Riddick's Arena

OVR: 17

this would be a big mistake.... I wish they would focus on gameplay and authenticity. But hey, another year another gimmick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »