Home

EA Sports MMA Video: In Game Action

This is a discussion on EA Sports MMA Video: In Game Action within the MMA Forum forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-18-2010, 04:24 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
They can't go back and reanimate everything especially since it's all motion captured. They'll either push it back a bunch to do it or release it with a little clean up and accept the fact that they're going to get slammed for a lot of the gameplay. Likely using the excuse that it was their first try but so was UFC 09 and that wasn't nearly as bad as some of that **** I saw.
Old 04-18-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Wj7B18qxVM

Here's the footage from last night btw
Old 04-18-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

Phobia's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: EA Sports MMA Video: In Game Action

Like I have said multiple times. It looks really weak. But like mentioned it is a very very early build and some things will be cleaned up.

With that said, I think it won't hold a candle to ufc 2010. But it does something really good by the quick look for it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-18-2010, 05:45 PM   #12
Extra Life 11/3/18

ExtremeGamer's Arena

OVR: 70

Looks horrible IMO.

Mixer Stream

XBox - ExtremeGamer
PSN - ExtremeGamer
Switch - 4640-8613-7710

Old 04-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #13
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
Looks horrible IMO.
I agree. Looks so floaty, while theyre swinging. Reminds me of the way the boxers in Prizefighter swing at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes
Old 04-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #14
Rookie

nolan273's Arena

OVR: 13
Some of the game at this point looks pretty weak. With that being said, there are still several months before the game is finished.

Most devs and publishers don't release videos of games this early on, but I think EA realizes that they have an uphill climb against UFC 2010. I think this is to let people see where the game is and where it's headed.

I think there's a lot of potential for the game. And despite the video not being all that great, I'm still looking forward to the game itself.
Old 04-19-2010, 04:24 AM   #15
MVP

Trevelyan's Arena

OVR: 5

I think they have a really large hill to climb when it comes to convincing people to give this game a chance that already like the UFC game. They have to find something, anything, that they do better than the UFC game to promote and market before the game comes out. One of the problems that stands out to me so far, is nothing looks like its being done realistically, and I'm not referring to the bad animations, I'm referring to some of the ways they're showing people being put into submissions, lots of crazy *** moves that you'll see happen once a year, not 5 times a fight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-19-2010, 11:59 AM   #16
Livin' the dream

Stumbleweed's Arena

OVR: 39

Looks pretty rough overall, I actually laughed at the commercials during the SF event. Hopefully it was from a super-early build, their feet were sliding all over the place and there didn't seem to be any weight to the fighters, very odd transition animations... that looked almost worse than the striking, which is robotic as well. I think they'll need two attempts at this sport to get it close to right... UFC had the advantage of being worked on for nearly 4 years before being released and having a ton of source material, fighters, etc. to use to make the game authentic. EA's kinda trying to jump om the bandwagon quickly and it doesn't seem like the first results will be very good... who knows though?

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > MMA Forum »