Home

Backbreaker Conference Call

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Conference Call within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call at 2:15 EDT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
A lot of stuff they kept out for this football game. They wanted to focus on game play, so, I see how that pans out, but no difference between pro and arcade except for the play art.

There are a few things I could live without, but not most of this list.

Doesn't look like BB is the game for me.

Just my opinion.
man so true...im in the same boat. this was a day 1 purchase for me for months. i was still on board after the no injuries, although very disapptd. i was hoping they were gonna make it up by having a nice fatigue model that would still make use of having depth on your team. now that the bomb of no fatigue or injuries came, im gonna wait it out and see some reviews first instead of buying it outright as i had planned. if it pans out and lives up to the scrutiny on the gameplay, ill pick it up.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #18
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Everyone needs to go out and buy Backbreaker. Tell your friends, family, co- workers to go out and support this game, so that they will have enough money to make BACKBREAKER 2 ! This will be a great foundation game and if it is supported well by the community, there will be a sequel with everything that will be missing in this one (created plays,injuries,challenges,hot routes and stadium creation).

Support this game ! I want to see Backbreaker 2,3,4 ect...
Enjoy one version... This will fail. They had three years of development and still they couldn't get the basic stuff in.........
Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by o Mass Murda o
agreed. i just hate how ppl are quick to write off these big things or tell ppl to go shove it if they dont like it. its not like we dont wanna play the game, just really wish these important things werent overlooked and included.

somebody was asking me if i played madden in the live blog and i guess the next move was going to be labeling me a fanboy of madden, just because i think fatigue, injuries, and challenges (least important to me) are important and necessary. i play all the football titles and have no allegiance to any title. im just a fan of football.

but in the end gameplay is whats most important. honestly, if it has A+ gameplay, alot can be overlooked on this first time out. however tho, round 2, there is absolutely no excuse then, if that installment ever sees the light of day.
i agree but i also feel like alot of ppl praying for simulation football are so pissed at the madden franchise they will let alot go in BB that are necessary in a football game. fatigue, injuries, and challenges are things that have no excuse not being in a next gen football game. the game might play great but witout these features many ppl will not buy or rent this game and the chances of them making another will be less unless they have already been giving the go to start making another installment.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:21 PM   #20
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdr4693
Everyone needs to go out and buy Backbreaker. Tell your friends, family, co- workers to go out and support this game, so that they will have enough money to make BACKBREAKER 2 ! This will be a great foundation game and if it is supported well by the community, there will be a sequel with everything that will be missing in this one (created plays,injuries,challenges,hot routes and stadium creation).

Support this game ! I want to see Backbreaker 2,3,4 ect...
Not that I don't want a Backbreaker 2 (I heavily rely on them to come through with another installment after this one if possible), but why couldn't they have done this in Backbreaker 1? No one said when they had to release this game, let alone announce it. If it had to take them two more years for them to get everything in that they would have liked to, I would be all for it. The sad truth is, if people don't buy this game because of how limited it is, Backbreaker 2 won't ever see the light of day anyway. It's really a wash here.

Oh, and I'm buying this game on day one. Sorely disappointed, though...
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20

I'll pass on football for another year .... so disappointed.

Unless everyone says the game is great, I'll play the demo and that will be it. I don't want to play a bunch of expedition games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 04:24 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erratic
no hot routes, no injuries, and no fatigue combined is a pretty big deal imo...

Injuries I can see not having, but if you add no fatigue you might as well not have more than 24 players on the team. Plus no hot routes really eliminates the cat and mouse game that the QB had with the defense pre-snap.

Big buzz kill for me
i understand how important them things is but they wanted to work on gameplay but dont forget that they can make patches to put in the game
Old 04-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #23
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjone03
i understand how important them things is but they wanted to work on gameplay but dont forget that they can make patches to put in the game
They won't be able to just patch these featues in, the pieces must be already be in place.
Old 04-20-2010, 04:35 PM   #24
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Backbreaker Conference Call

Wow! People are complaining that BACKBREAKER was not able to get things in for their first installment and yet Madden has had 21 years and still cant do it? Come on! Give this company a break, if anyone should be criticized it should be Madden. This is like their 21st year and they still cant get it right. I will definitely support this game.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »