Home

Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

This is a discussion on Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here within the All Other Sports forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-17-2010, 11:48 PM   #17
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Skate 3 Demo Available, Post Impressions Here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
Also, on any difficulty, I can't do any frontflips or backflips whatsoever. Hopefully that gets fixed before launch.
I'm hoping not to be able to do many flips on Hardcore.

On a serious note, you can start flipping if you go for a Christ Air or one of those grabs.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 04-17-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitesox
Where was that? Very nice!
It's in the third challenge, where they tell you to grind 6 of the curved benches. There are some bike racks, and I just moved one over by the bench.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I'm hoping not to be able to do many flips on Hardcore.

On a serious note, you can start flipping if you go for a Christ Air or one of those grabs.
I couldn't even flip straight-up on Easy. I can do like McTwist flips on all difficulties, but it's just one kind.

Last edited by Shinyhubcaps; 04-17-2010 at 11:52 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:03 AM   #19
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

The demo is amazing, like everyone has said, the hardcore mode is amazing. When you manage to pull off the sick chain of tricks in a row and make them all, you get the feeling of accomplishment, whereas with normal you do the same tricks and the helping aids assist you in everything... Also I hate the soundtrack now lol, going to make my own once the game comes out

The only thing I find sometimes, and maybe this is just me, but in hardcore mode, does it look like sometimes when you ollie or flip or whatever you do to start a grind some magical force forces you away from the railing? It might be me, but my guy it on a good angle and course for the grind then all of a sudden he kind of "backs" away? Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
Old 04-19-2010, 06:18 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicLegend
The only thing I find sometimes, and maybe this is just me, but in hardcore mode, does it look like sometimes when you ollie or flip or whatever you do to start a grind some magical force forces you away from the railing? It might be me, but my guy it on a good angle and course for the grind then all of a sudden he kind of "backs" away? Anyone else notice this or is it just me?
My thoughts exactly. I know a lot of people were complaining about the rails being "too magnetized" in the last couple games, but now it feels like it's magnetized the other way (repellent). The best example I have is the challenge where you grind the winged benches. If you grind the metal part, it's fine, but if you try to grind the bench part, it feels like I can never get locked on (especially with noseslides and tailslides).

Last edited by Shinyhubcaps; 04-20-2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:53 AM   #21
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

They weren't magnatized enough in the last games,it was pretty frustrating at times. I haven't had any new complaints here yet.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM   #22
WAT

Mr. Franchise's Arena

OVR: 33

Not enough improvements. Graphics got worse. Not getting my $60.
Old 04-20-2010, 06:55 PM   #23
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Franchise
Not enough improvements. Graphics got worse. Not getting my $60.
A whole new city isn't enough improvement? I'm not sure what more they can do for you, then. If they cram it with stupid gimmicks just to say they added stuff, they risk becoming Tony Hawk. They're taking more of a MLB: The Show route, refining the gameplay to the point where it's flawless. That + New City = Amazingness.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 04-21-2010, 03:58 PM   #24
Canadian eh?

SinisterAlex's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinyhubcaps
My thoughts exactly. I know a lot of people were complaining about the rails being "too magnetized" in the last couple games, but now it feels like it's magnetized the other way (repellent). The best example I have is the challenge where you grind the winged benches. If you grind the metal part, it's fine, but if you try to grind the bench part, it feels like I can never get locked on (especially with noseslides and tailslides).
Or the planter challenge.... god that challenge is stupid It takes forever to get your guy to get on the edge to grind -.- Either you ollie and go over the edge, or you ollie and stop just short...

Hope they fix this, but they probably won't. That's the only complaint I have about the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > All Other Sports »