Home

Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:10 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

For those that like to skip over the Madden NFL 11 press release, here is something worth noting.

Madden NFL 11 will redefine videogame football for both veteran and rookie players by providing a Simpler, Quicker and Deeper experience:
  • Simpler: Call plays like an NFL coach with ease using an all-new play-calling system, GameFlow, which executes an authentic, situational game plan for you.
  • Quicker: The new play-calling system will enable players to spend more time on the field and less in the playbook - completing games in half of the time.
  • Deeper: Madden NFL 11 is feature-rich, with improved animations and control options, enhanced online functionality, and new broadcast and audio presentation that delivers the NFL experience fans have come to expect.

Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 11:15 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

The third bullet is what caught my eye. I hope the stadium specific sounds are in Madden 11. Also I hope Todd Hammond is out and someone else is in (Gus Johnson).
Old 04-22-2010, 11:18 AM   #3
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 to Redefine Football with Simpler, Quicker and Deeper Experience

How can you say deeper without even metioning franchise mode. That's the measure of how deep the game is.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Those really got my attention. I can't wait to see what the presentation is like and I am really interested to see how we can complete a game in half the time.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

" New Broadcast and AUDIO PRESENTATION"

This has me FIRED up! Hopefully it is done correctly and the crowd is AWESOME and the commentary is full of excitement and energy. Its about time they bring some life into this game! I believe the new announcer will be Gus Johnson. Cant get much better then him IMO.

Since they are putting "audio" as one of the back of the box features I have to assume they put a major emphasis on it this year. This will make a world of difference in the immersion factor.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 11:23 AM   #6
Pro

NoTiCe_O's Arena

OVR: 11

I like what I'm hearing, but i dont want the game to execute a gameplan for me. I wanna be able to pick my own plays and use my own style, no matter how long it takes. Hopefully its just like a ask madden feature, and that i can still go about picking plays how i want.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:24 AM   #7
MVP

gr18's Arena

OVR: 11

Certainly nothing very exciting there.I'd wait to see how things are implemented before I would be thinking there's a huge upgrade.

Last edited by gr18; 04-22-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 04-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #8
Rookie

PBlast's Arena

OVR: 8

It's hard to be optimistic about new Madden's these days, but this does sound pretty promising. I'm guessing when they say "Deeper" they are referring more to gameplay than franchise, which is good and bad. I myself have always loved offline franchise mode, but I think the general consensus is that they are focusing more on online now. To me, if these just make some general improvements with offline franchise (sim stats, draft logic, etc) then I'll be a happy camper. Oh well, still some time before release, hope to see some gameplay vids and hear some more detailed info soon!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »