Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 01:21 PM   #1
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4
NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

IGN has just posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 11.

Quote:
"When I first laid my eyes on NCAA Football 11, the difference between this year's NFL game was instantly noticeable. NCAA just looks more -- to put it frankly -- real. This year's game is designed for the true college football fan with a more realistic look to its player models and overall graphical style. Everything from the skin of the players to the sky above looks wonderfully detailed.

Obviously, after a short preview, I can't say whether EA Sports has succeeded in its effort to deliver a truly authentic college football game, but by the outward appearance of the game I saw in New York and the direction they say they're going, I'd say the developers at Tiburon are well on their way.

Locomotion is perhaps the simplest of all of the additions for the new game. In layman's terms, it makes every animation in the game smoother. More accurately, it makes the transitions between the animations more seamless and it gives players more realistic physical behaviors on the field. So while it doesn't necessarily add thousands of moves, it does make the current list of moves look much more natural on the field. You'll see players with accurate amounts of momentum given their speed, corners who can catch up to wide receivers in the open, and cuts by computer opponents that don't look like they were made by a robot. I hope it progresses from the state that I saw in New York, but what I saw was impressive."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 01:23 PM   #2
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: IGN Hands On Article

Nice! Thanks, reading now.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:27 PM   #3
Rookie

gogators's Arena

OVR: 4

Ok... well that sounds promising and NOTHING like the video we saw the other day. If all this is true and the clean it up a little bit, we could have a good football game in our hands.
Still bummed that there is no virtual presentation of Nessler and Herbstreit, but as long as the game plays well I'll be happy.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:33 PM   #4
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

The article adds hope! It sound like a fair assessment. This will be a really good game and coming from me that says alot.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:36 PM   #5
Pro

Lava's Arena

OVR: 49

That was pretty good. No in-game models of Nessler and Herbsreit isn't a big deal, but I wonder if that means no gameday? I'm assuming he only played play now, which would mean that there's still the possibility.

We'll see, I suppose. Overall, it was a good write-up and the dual stick control sounds very nice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
Banned

AirLobo23's Arena

OVR: 16

Hope has been restored.

Maybe that first video was an NCAA 10 mistake, cuz it certainly looked TERRIBLE.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 20

Someone in the promotions department at EA write this up? Thing reads like a sales pitch to me.
Old 04-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #8
JEM
Banned

OVR: 18

I.T.S. I.G.N.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »