Home

Madden NFL 11 Interview: Drew Brees (ESPN Videogames)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Interview: Drew Brees (ESPN Videogames) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-22-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Interview: Drew Brees (ESPN Videogames)

ESPN Videogames has posted an interview with Drew Brees, cover athlete for Madden NFL 11. Nice nuggets of information in here, including GameFlow and Game Plan features.

Quote:
Jon: "They added your pre-game ritual of pumping up the team before the game in "Madden 11." When did you realize that this chant had become an iconic NFL moment?"

Drew: "When that started, it was just for us, it was for our team. I don't think we ever even fathomed how many people would take notice or take interest in what we were doing. But no matter where I am, the number one question I got this offseason was, "What do you say in that huddle?" People tell me that it hypes them up because we're getting hyped up, whether they're watching from the stands or TV. It's wild.

So then the night of our Super Bowl parade, I went with some of the offensive linemen and some of the guys for a last hurrah to celebrate the season. Everybody was like, "Hey, you gotta do the chant! Do the chant!" And all of our guys were like, "Yeah, do the chant!" So I went ahead and divulged what we said. I figured it was appropriate because the spot where we were was a really popular place among Saints fans, and this was a way to bring our fans in to what we were doing. Obviously, they are such a big part of our success, so we were just sharing that time with the fans and letting them in on what we actually chant before the game. They deserved to hear it."
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 04:36 PM   #2
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Madden NFL 11 Interview: Drew Brees (ESPN Videogames)

Thanks Steve,Ill watch it now
Old 04-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 2

Thanks.

Damn, the ball is huge.

Other than that, the model looks pretty damn good - and the cover is probably the best yet.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:40 PM   #4
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Again I'm a Panther fan and I can't stand the saint's one bit. But I do respect Brees. I'm glad for Brees been on madden 11 cover this year. Congrats to him and also him getting his pregame sig. move with the team put into the game this year. Thanks Steve.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 15

Looks like they may be adding a ton of new cut-scenes this year. Thats good because I swear I saw the same 15 cut-scenes play over and over last year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-22-2010, 04:41 PM   #6
MVP

ZoneKIller's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling.
Sounds like Superstar mode
Old 04-22-2010, 04:42 PM   #7
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal
Thanks.

Damn, the ball is huge.

Other than that, the model looks pretty damn good - and the cover is probably the best yet.
Yea I just saw that. I wish they would just down size it a little bit. Looks so unreal.
Old 04-22-2010, 04:44 PM   #8
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

Jon Robinson: There are a lot of scenes in "Madden NFL 11" where they show you without your helmet. They have a cut scene of you walking around the locker room before the game and throwing passes on the sidelines where you see your face and hair. What do you think of the new look?

Drew Brees: It's interesting because I went through the facial scan and all that stuff, and then seeing the game and going, wow, that looks like me in a digital, animated kind of way. The fact that there are so many new features in the game like the GameFlow, where you choose to run and execute the plays that your coach is calling. There's also this Game Plan feature where you go in beforehand and you can put together your list of plays for the season or for a certain game. C'mon, that's awesome. That's as close to being in the real-live action as you can.

This is interesting. It's like the O & D cord is calling the plays. I hope it works well. I hated using "ask Madden" feature that would have you punting on 4 & 3 on your opponents 40 yd line. Good stuff so far.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »