Home

An Early Peek Into Madden NFL 11's Quarterback Ratings

This is a discussion on An Early Peek Into Madden NFL 11's Quarterback Ratings within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:32 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 13
Re: An Early Peek Into Madden NFL 11's Quarterback Ratings

Anyone besides me think AWR needs to be a much bigger factor in the OVR rating???

I would think that AWR is pretty close with Accuracy in importance

I would say it needs to be AWR 30 percent, accuracy 30 percent, throw power 20 percent and the rest factored in much smaller amounts

toughness/stamina like 2.5 percent total agility is the only other one on there that should be substantial but how does it translate in Madden unless you scramble?

Elusiveness for QBs coupled with agility could allow your QB to auto evade sacks and that would be really cool because the pocket juke crap hardly ever works.

Anyways, awareness should be much higher I think, not that the numbers they are giving out are actual, but if they are they are hugely under representing AWR in the OVR!!!
Old 04-23-2010, 01:48 AM   #18
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boregard
Anyone besides me think AWR needs to be a much bigger factor in the OVR rating???

I would think that AWR is pretty close with Accuracy in importance

I would say it needs to be AWR 30 percent, accuracy 30 percent, throw power 20 percent and the rest factored in much smaller amounts

toughness/stamina like 2.5 percent total agility is the only other one on there that should be substantial but how does it translate in Madden unless you scramble?

Elusiveness for QBs coupled with agility could allow your QB to auto evade sacks and that would be really cool because the pocket juke crap hardly ever works.

Anyways, awareness should be much higher I think, not that the numbers they are giving out are actual, but if they are they are hugely under representing AWR in the OVR!!!
I agree on your breakdown.

Also, how are short, medium, and deep accuracy factored into OVR? What does the THA rating even do if we have the other ones?
Old 04-23-2010, 02:04 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
I agree on your breakdown.

Also, how are short, medium, and deep accuracy factored into OVR? What does the THA rating even do if we have the other ones?

That is a good point as well - I guess if it was done correctly that THA would be a straight average of the three individual ratings and it would fluctuate as progression/regression impacted the other three - like a general overview quick reference gauge type deal and really have little to no impact!
Old 04-23-2010, 02:53 AM   #20
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Aaron Rodgers #4.

I love it. And I love that he's above Favre. Means nothing, but it still makes me happy.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.

Last edited by Bellsprout; 04-23-2010 at 03:21 AM.
Old 04-23-2010, 03:20 AM   #21

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Madden 11 Ratings info at Ign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legend Killer
This a top ten list bro. And are you kidding me. Russel has not done anything good since been drafted #1 overall a few years ago. He will have a low rating this year. He is way overpaid. He needs to be traded to a team that has a real good coaching staff that can help him get his skills up. That will not happen with the raiders. But because the way he has played since been in the NFL and because of his large contract. No team is going to touch him. He is wasting away in oakland.
You always have to bang your head against the wall? I've seen that smiley in so many of your posts now.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 03:28 AM   #22
MVP

Palo20's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
You always have to bang your head against the wall? I've seen that smiley in so many of your posts now.
Leading the nation in emoticons
Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 AM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 8

I was expecting Jamarcus, Cutler and Flacco to beat Stafford in throwing power.
Old 04-23-2010, 06:06 AM   #24
Banned

i think they got confused on the throw power by when it is you release the ball. sure you dont have to have a cannon but if you dont you have to have the timing

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »