Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 01:06 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Game spot video includes madden version of Drew Brees pre-game pump up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ch46647
The smoothness of the gameplay definitely appears to be on the PS2 level which is absolutely huge! I wish they would have played in an outdoor stadium so we could see the new lighting effects and everything. I cant stand playing in domes in Madden or watching a real NFL game in a dome.

It appears the crowd is reacting appropriately and getting louder as the play develops! It is hard to hear the crowd or the commentary over Drew Brees talking and the music but it does also seem the Gus will be doing the play by play.

Only bad news about this is it does appear that they will be using the EA presentation again this year and not a real broadcast. After the shockey catch it goes into that EA screen scrub before the replay. Atleast it appears replays will be back! If that is implemented properly with good camera angles I will be very happy.
I didn't know that they implemented a new lighting system? Anyways, I think this year's Madden will be great. I LOVE the fluidity of the game. It sounds like Hammond is gone, so that means new commentary. Saw double teams, lineman running down field to block people so thats good. Plus I loved the Saints Who Dat chant. I'm pretty happy so far, but hopefully they add in much more presentation. It's still early in the year, we have like 3.5 months left.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:16 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
My sediments exactly.
I love rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashad19
Game does look a little smoother is some aspects!
The ballcarrying animations are definitely an improvement. Much more fundamentally sound. Certainly the closest they've been since PS1 pre-polygonal.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:27 PM   #11
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I didn't know that they implemented a new lighting system? Anyways, I think this year's Madden will be great. I LOVE the fluidity of the game. It sounds like Hammond is gone, so that means new commentary. Saw double teams, lineman running down field to block people so thats good. Plus I loved the Saints Who Dat chant. I'm pretty happy so far, but hopefully they add in much more presentation. It's still early in the year, we have like 3.5 months left.
Well they have already announced a new announcer. But I'm sure the presention is there and all. Just not in the alpha build right now. I'm sure they kept it out until it is fully working properly. But overall the video was ok. Nothing really new to see. Very little gameplay right now. What I did see was Coltsen going up for the TD. That is nice to see.

Last edited by PantherBeast_OS; 04-23-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 01:32 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 34
well, well. The CB has to turn and run with the WR downfield..good start.
Old 04-23-2010, 01:34 PM   #13
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I love rocks
Old 04-23-2010, 01:40 PM   #14
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
well, well. The CB has to turn and run with the WR downfield..good start.
Yes, I cant believe nobody mentioned this before. Last year CB and safeties would back peddle 30 yards as fast as the reciever would sprint without having to turn around and run with the WR. This is why there was always very little seperation between a WR and DB on a deep route. This is also why fly routes were nearly impossible to complete.

In this gameplay you can see the DB's back peddle 3-4 steps but then turn around (also appears the animation of them turning is solid) and run with the WR to cover them. This is very nice!

Still hoping for more WR/DB interaction though. We need more jamming and josteling animations throughout the course of the routes.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:09 PM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3
The running and footplanting still doesn't look right. I was hoping this new locomotion would fix this but from the looks of that vid it hasn't. When Reggie Bush broke that TD run it looked like he wasn't even running fast. It's like hes not taking enough strides when he runs. I hated that about Madden 10 & it's still evident. I also noticed a lot of sliding around especially on that Pierre Thomas run. I thought EA would have these things ironed out by now. I also dont like how the default camera view is so far up. It makes the players look way too small. They should make the camera a little closer & lower presnap but have it zoom out when passing. Hopefully they bring back custom camera view.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Video: Drew Brees and the Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgrindz
The running and footplanting still doesn't look right. I was hoping this new locomotion would fix this but from the looks of that vid it hasn't. When Reggie Bush broke that TD run it looked like he wasn't even running fast. It's like hes not taking enough strides when he runs. I hated that about Madden 10 & it's still evident. I also noticed a lot of sliding around especially on that Pierre Thomas run. I thought EA would have these things ironed out by now. I also dont like how the default camera view is so far up. It makes the players look way too small. They should make the camera a little closer & lower presnap but have it zoom out when passing. Hopefully they bring back custom camera view.
Agreed 100%. The legs are not moving relative to player speed. Hopefully this gets fixed, because it looks a lot like 10 right now.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »