Home

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 First Look Using Sony Move, Thursday at Midnight

This is a discussion on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 First Look Using Sony Move, Thursday at Midnight within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 10:28 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 26
Re: Tiger Woods PGA Tour 11 First Look Using Sony Move, Thursday at Midnight

From watching the show last night, it appears to be nothing more than a Wii port. Which is disappointing knowing all the tech in this controller. I mean Sony finally gets the Ram under 50mb, The Move controller is reported to only take up to 2mb of memory and all we appear to get is a Wii port.

I don't understand how they couldn't take advantage of the 3D camera mode as part of this game being able to use the move to scan the greens was an simple evolution, it boggles the mind sometime.

All the guys said in the brief video when Geoff asked what to do, this dude(EA designer) said just feel it, wow.
Old 04-23-2010, 04:01 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbreaker
From watching the show last night, it appears to be nothing more than a Wii port. Which is disappointing knowing all the tech in this controller. I mean Sony finally gets the Ram under 50mb, The Move controller is reported to only take up to 2mb of memory and all we appear to get is a Wii port.

I don't understand how they couldn't take advantage of the 3D camera mode as part of this game being able to use the move to scan the greens was an simple evolution, it boggles the mind sometime.

All the guys said in the brief video when Geoff asked what to do, this dude(EA designer) said just feel it, wow.
In order for EA to get more out of the Move, they would need to spend a tremendous amount of resources to get the most out of the device for what...6 - 8 months of usage before TW12 comes out. The PS3 version of TW10 is a distant 3rd in sales behind the Wii (which outsold both PS3/360 combined so far) so to spend huge amounts of resources to support a device which won't come out for months after the game is released is not a big deal to me. I do expect them to spend resources on TW12 to get all they can out of the device as well as Natal. Keep in mind that EA has a few months post-release of TW11 to polish the Move's capabilities and if they can match the Wiimote with Motion + for TW11, I will be one happy camper....TOUR Pro using the True View camera in TW11 for Wii is incredible and if we get that for the PS3 version for the Move, it will be even better....
Old 04-23-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
In order for EA to get more out of the Move, they would need to spend a tremendous amount of resources to get the most out of the device for what...6 - 8 months of usage before TW12 comes out. The PS3 version of TW10 is a distant 3rd in sales behind the Wii (which outsold both PS3/360 combined so far) so to spend huge amounts of resources to support a device which won't come out for months after the game is released is not a big deal to me. I do expect them to spend resources on TW12 to get all they can out of the device as well as Natal. Keep in mind that EA has a few months post-release of TW11 to polish the Move's capabilities and if they can match the Wiimote with Motion + for TW11, I will be one happy camper....TOUR Pro using the True View camera in TW11 for Wii is incredible and if we get that for the PS3 version for the Move, it will be even better....
I just saw what the Tour Pro Vid and that is pretty good. In this mode, will it let you peruse the green and scope your putt from different angles? in full 3D?

True View at 1:17mark.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 05:02 PM   #12
Banned

Spike EA sports Season Kickoff, TW 11 is towards the end with the move

Old 04-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #13
MVP

Quote:
I just saw what the Tour Pro Vid and that is pretty good. In this mode, will it let you peruse the green and scope your putt from different angles? in full 3D?
No. However, they do have different camera angles for TrueView, but the only ones I have see were the ones in the video....I played the game in Feb at TW Community Day....
Old 04-23-2010, 07:04 PM   #14
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
No. However, they do have different camera angles for TrueView, but the only ones I have see were the ones in the video....I played the game in Feb at TW Community Day....
If you get the opportunity to suggest something in the near future. If you seen the puppet gif I posted in how it can track your body http://i41.tinypic.com/2558l60.jpg asked them to map this too your torso and arms and make your body part of the experience. Watch this gif of this move fighting game which takes advantage of the puppet gif http://i44.tinypic.com/in4f2p.jpg

I think this would be a great experience to the game.
Old 05-01-2010, 09:10 AM   #15
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
If you get the opportunity to suggest something in the near future. If you seen the puppet gif I posted in how it can track your body http://i41.tinypic.com/2558l60.jpg asked them to map this too your torso and arms and make your body part of the experience. Watch this gif of this move fighting game which takes advantage of the puppet gif http://i44.tinypic.com/in4f2p.jpg

I think this would be a great experience to the game.
I agree that this torso/hip/leg mapping could take golf gaming to levels I couldn't have imagined possible, even two years ago! Right now it's mostly limited to arm movements and wrist rotation (as opposed to wrist snap) with the Move and the Wii Motion Plus, but imagine how much more engaging the the experience would be if we could enhance our power with hip and leg movements? Of course this would be a disadvantage for those who have switched to the stack & tilt swing technique
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-02-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
Pro

hey..don't knock the basics of S&T unless you tried it the way they say and not some reviewer says. :-)

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »