Home

NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot)

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 04:04 PM   #1
MVP

DGuinta1's Arena

OVR: 29
Icon1 NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot)

Gamespot has posted their hands-on preview of NCAA Football 11, going over 120 ways to win.

Quote:
"A new play-calling screen gives you more in-depth access to your playbook and lets you quickly cycle between different formations by pressing up or down on the D pad, which is handy when you're running the no-huddle offense yourself. There are also button shortcuts for quick access to special teams or goal line plays that we found to be very handy. As in previous years, you can still organize your plays by formation, coach's suggestion, or by play type, but the ability to choose plays by individual player has been removed. The game-planning system that was a big addition last year is still in NCAA 11, with a few new added categories on offense and defense (such as deciding how to play against mobile quarterbacks on defense or how aggressively you play no huddle when on offense). In addition, you'll still be able to set plays up as you did in NCAA 10.

On the field, perhaps the most obvious change in NCAA 11 is the lighting--for lack of a better term, the players, the stadiums, and especially the replays have a more cinematic feel to them. Small details like self-shadowing on players helps here, and we found ourselves pausing to watch replays, which is something we'd button through like mad in previous years. New skin textures bring a more realistic look to the players, and there are a lot of depth-of-field camera tricks that bring the action on the field to life."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS2 / PS3 / iPhone
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 04:13 PM   #2
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: NCAA Football 11: 120 Ways To Win - Gamespot

"When asked which of NCAA 11's features he'd most like people to know about, EA Sports' Ben Haumiller pointed to the new option blocking, which, according to Haumiller, has improved the option playbooks a great deal. He uses the triple option as an example: In addition to blocking assignments being clearly spelled out in the playbook, after the snap, the quarterback will stick the ball in the halfbacks gut and run along with him, giving you the time to keep your eye on the defensive end who might or might not be coming down to try to interrupt the play. If the end bites and crashes down, you can keep the ball and run with it; if he stays in position, you can hand the ball off and let the back do his thing.*"

Very nice
Old 04-23-2010, 04:18 PM   #3
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: NCAA Football 11: 120 Ways To Win - Gamespot

I think what gives me the most hope from reading all the press releases and reviews, is that all the features being touted are "on the field" gameplay and presentation type stuff. Not a bunch of season showdown or anything fluffy or frivolous like that. It really seems they are truly concentrating on improving the gameplay, and judging by the early reviews, it appears they've done so.

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20
Old 04-23-2010, 04:57 PM   #4
MVP

Ziza9Noles94's Arena

OVR: 12
As unpopular as it is to say, I'm hopeful and excited by what I've been reading as well. Can't wait to actually see all of this in action.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:57 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 29
Re: NCAA Football 11 Hands-On Preview: 120 Ways To Win (Gamespot)

I think all the talk about different offensive styles will be a great addition, but for dynasty people we really need to hear one of two things to make this feature relevant. Either the CPU will recruit players that fit their playbook or they'll change their style based on personnel
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 09:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
I think all the talk about different offensive styles will be a great addition, but for dynasty people we really need to hear one of two things to make this feature relevant. Either the CPU will recruit players that fit their playbook or they'll change their style based on personnel
Agreed, that is something I think people are forgetting. All the styles are great but they don't mean a whole lot if the CPU teams don't recruit the right kind of player. Hopefully they took this into consideration.

I would like to hear if the qb read/qb choice play will actually work this year with the addition of locomotion. That is a big part of certain spread offenses.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-23-2010, 09:19 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Since we are getting authentic offenses. Are we going to be able to expect the defenses to play somewhat more realistic too?

― Plato
Old 04-23-2010, 09:21 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by canes21
Since we are getting authentic offenses. Are we going to be able to expect the defenses to play somewhat more realistic too?
I hope so

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »