Home

NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay

This is a discussion on NCAA Football 11 Video: Interview and Gameplay within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 11:47 PM   #17
Banned

mrMagic91's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: NCAA 11 First REAL in-game footage

This looks super real. Yall see the sky? I wanna see more models, jerseys and a lil taste of this ESPN presentation. Cant wait for the dynasty info to come out
Old 04-23-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
Rookie

vatechfan44's Arena

OVR: 6

Looks great, nice catch man
Old 04-23-2010, 11:52 PM   #19
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

The game looks great for such an early build. I wonder what additions will be added to online dynasty? Hopefully it's the same as offline dynasty.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:53 PM   #20
MVP

drlw322's Arena

OVR: 24

Did you see the brief cut scene of the florida bench. Also one of the run up the middle, the UF RB was leaning on the back of his offensive line man.

Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #21
Rookie

Wolverines05's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by moylan55
there's a game speed slider this year
I'm aware of this, which i'm happy about, but i want to say something about the madden video, which can probably translate over to ncaa as well.

in the madden video, not sure which one, but i think gamespot, reggie bush busts a long td run. i took him exactly 4 seconds to get those final 40 yards, which is very realistic considering he was already in full speed by that point. however, even when bush ran those 40 yards, he looked very slow. while he covered the ground quickly, its like his feet were in cement. this leads me to believe one of two things.

one: the players strides may be too long compared to that of real life, but i doubt it because it was motion captured, meaning they should get realistic stride length.

two: if the strides are just right, and he still looks really slow, it may be, in order to get proper 40 times/realistic speeds, that the player models are too big for the field. this would mean that there are huge players, and while their running animations would be realistic, their "hugeness" would make their normal running motion cover an unrealistic amount of ground. this would lead to crazy fast 40 times, and to combat this problem, they would need to slow the mo capped running animations down a lot to get at realistic 40 times.

while i may be crazy, just compare how long it takes a player to run his next step in both madden and ncaa compared to the blogs that showed real people (in mo cap suits) running those 40's. the diff. at least to me, is very drastic.

what do you guys think: i hope im crazy lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-23-2010, 11:54 PM   #22
MVP

Gossennator's Arena

OVR: 15

Hopefully the lag wont be there for replays in the final build...that would get frustrating.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:56 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 32

Looks like we are getting closer to sim type college football. Loving what I see.. Now let the flood gates open.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:57 PM   #24
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Zone read looked awesome. Great double team on the DE there too.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »