Home

Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-23-2010, 08:34 PM   #73
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afrikan
which is what makes BackBreaker special....its not a roll of the dice anymore.

I think more people need to understand this part of the Tech... I know some are tired of the worth "Euphoria"....but this is a game changer.

I'm so happy these guys took a chance and created this football game....not just because of this franchise.....but the potential of future football games in general FINALLY advancing and taking advantage of these Next Gen consoles.
yeah im happy they did this also cause it looks "new". Its a breath of fresh air and i can tell by just looking at it if it plays half as good as it looks it will be hard to take a animation game serious, sure i'll play it but in the back of my mind i will be dissatisfied. Im a huge NFL guy but the fact you can create 32 teams is just what i need. I will remake the nfl and the editor is compared to the one used in Forza so thats saying something. I'm sure someone will re-create a 32 team nfl roster that looks the part. We will just have to find a way to share it. I mean just look at the 2k5 boards people are making nfl2k11 !!! in the end its just a game i just find it great to have options. I will be trying them all cause im sure each will provide something different
Old 04-24-2010, 02:09 AM   #74
Banned

OVR: 25
Location: Far far away from the vultures and snakes that reside in the united states.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Impressive. I really dislike the lack of variety in the player models, and the players never seem to have a realistic/lengthy stride. But the player interaction looks fantastic. The game really reminds me of a souped-up NFL2K for the Dreamcast - a new approach, very raw, but oozing potential.
Now that you say it, thats an excellent comparison. It does remind me of the very first 2k. Aren't they supposedly making a hockey game next?

I dont think they should waste time with that. Just start work on another installment of football and start adding whats missing without hesitation.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:22 AM   #75
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Looks good but i need a demo before i decided if i want to buy it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-24-2010, 03:24 AM   #76
Hall Of Fame

Matt10's Arena

OVR: 23

I'll definitely be getting this one - looks ridiculous. No NFL...no big deal - I play in a semi pro football league right now, so there is some franchise report material to get my creativity going with this game.

Sick!
Old 04-24-2010, 09:14 AM   #77
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
Now that you say it, thats an excellent comparison. It does remind me of the very first 2k. Aren't they supposedly making a hockey game next?

I dont think they should waste time with that. Just start work on another installment of football and start adding whats missing without hesitation.
The big, lanky player models definitely remind me of NFL2K. Unfortunately this game doesn't benefit from having the NFL license.

For perspective, I've looked at the video/commercial and tried to imagine the fake players/fake teams with real NFL players, real teams. I'm picturing Troy Polomalu delivering a big hit on Chad Ochocinco, or Reggie Bush trying to stretch dive over the pile at the goal line. Even for what it's lacking, just having the NFL/NFLPA licenses increases Backbreaker's appeal many times over. It really brings home how much EA has hamstrung other devs and the disadvantages of trying to develop a non-licensed football game

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-24-2010, 02:07 PM   #78
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

When the NFL created teams videos start being posted alot of people will probably reconsider their stances.
Old 04-24-2010, 03:53 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
The big, lanky player models definitely remind me of NFL2K. Unfortunately this game doesn't benefit from having the NFL license.

For perspective, I've looked at the video/commercial and tried to imagine the fake players/fake teams with real NFL players, real teams. I'm picturing Troy Polomalu delivering a big hit on Chad Ochocinco, or Reggie Bush trying to stretch dive over the pile at the goal line. Even for what it's lacking, just having the NFL/NFLPA licenses increases Backbreaker's appeal many times over. It really brings home how much EA has hamstrung other devs and the disadvantages of trying to develop a non-licensed football game
I posted these before....they are from members of the official forum....It should look very similar to these...

Old 04-24-2010, 03:57 PM   #80
Banned

and take a look at this stadium and players....it really looks like a similar setting...same field color, similar stadium shape, and heck both teams look like they have matching uniform colors and stripes as the real thing.

Last edited by Afrikan; 04-24-2010 at 04:00 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »