Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

We have just posted our Madden NFL 11 hands-on impressions. Find out what Christian McLeod has to say about his time with the game.

Quote:
"At EA’s recent community event, I was able to sit down with Madden developer Ian Cummings and get a very early hands on with Madden 11. With the tagline "Simpler," "Deeper" and "Quicker" being emphasized, I was able to take a look at some of this year's gameplay improvements that the Madden team feels will elevate Madden 11 to the next level."

Read More - Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions
Platform: PS3 / Xbox 360
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J55yuSjk5u4&feature=player_embedded

speaking of the fields i would really like to see FIFA type grass in madden. To me it looks the best when i compare it to photos of the NFL. Also another review stated that the new lighting tech was not in place so i guess we will have to wait and see how that goes. Good read.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #3
MVP

mm boost's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

The presentation part was the highlight of that article. All of the articles posted this week have been relatively the same, so the presentation bit has been what has stuck out to me. Players in locker room, mid air collisions, etc. This is my cup of tea!

Old 04-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by mm boost
The presentation part was the highlight of that article. All of the articles posted this week have been relatively the same, so the presentation bit has been what has stuck out to me. Players in locker room, mid air collisions, etc. This is my cup of tea!
They have been very quiet when it comes to Madden and "presentation" upgrades. NCAA has had huge news in this department, none of the previews out today so far have even mentioned Gus Johnson or the new "audio" improvements.

This leads me to believe they are waiting to really blow out the presentation/franchise news closer to release (Still really hoping for real broadcast presentation since NCAA got ESPN. I would love to get CBS)...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:11 AM   #5
Banned

OVR: 6

"During our time together, Ian also informed me that a lot of research had been completed that determined how many plays gamers had been calling in an average game, which was also coupled with some insight from John Madden himself. After these findings, the development team decided to completely overhaul the way plays are called.

The result is what is known as the "GameFlow," a streamlined game-planning option that will allow a virtual coordinator to call in a play for your team via headset based on a number of offensive variables that the game calculates."

Maybe this isn't well explained, but what does the number of plays called in a game have to do with a virtual assistant calling in plays, or play execution? This section of the review seems to take an odd turn -

They researched the number of plays people were calling, they had input from John Madden, so now there's a virtual assistant so players feel more like head coaches.

Did the writer mean number of pass plays vs run plays? I thought the set-up was for a discussion or address to raw number of plays, so there would be more accurate results like stats and scores. But then the discussion turned to the virtual assistant calling the plays and execution.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #6
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

This was a good in depth article. Only thing missing was the strategy pad, which was in another preview.

Maybe they didn't have enough time.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:13 AM   #7
All Star

OVR: 33

In online games. The average Madden gamer only chose 13 different plays from over 300 plays in the playbook.

That tidbit was in other previews, no idea why it was ommitted here.
Old 04-26-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
L*st M*n R*nn*ng

Blaise's Arena

OVR: 14
Its so early for information @this point, that all the previews are the same thing pretty much. I am glad that the general opinion has been good overall in the previews. I would like to hear more about other features(franchise, presentation, etc) but I have a feeling that stuff won't come out till around E3, or @ the very least a blog. Either way, it looks like good things this year

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »