Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:38 AM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (OS)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCreep
I still dont understand how Gameflow is going to make the game go any faster than it already goes. I'm not seeing what exactly is being taken out that will cut the game to half hour vice 1 to 1 hour and a half?

I utilize the Ask Madden feature and then pick one of the plays in that selection, doesn't take long at all. My games still last for a good hour. What is gameflow going to do that'll make my games go faster that I'm not already doing? See what I'm getting at?
Does my offense not walk up to the line of scrimmage anymore? Are my players lined up already immediately after I hit X to choose the Gameflow option? And more importantly, does the CPU immediately snap the ball when on offense resulting in a predictable snap count? I also don't understand how the game time can be cut down because I too use the AskMadden feature.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #26
Banned

OVR: 25

Dont care about presentaion at all (good to have though).

Gameplay makes up 95% of the game itself. Losing the TURBO button has been something i have hoped for since MADDEN 04 honestly.

Time will tell if the "improvements" will actually show up or more importantly...make it into the retail copy.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #27
MVP

PacMan3000's Arena

OVR: 11

I think GameFlow can potentially be great if the offensive and defensive coordinators have ratings, and based on their ratings, there's a better chance that they'll call effective plays.

I would also hope that, if I'm in year 2013 in Franchise mode and I fire my offensive coordinator, the new guy I hire will come in with a completely new playbook, and I'll have to roll with that if he's the man calling the plays.

One thing I didn't quite understand--does this new feature require the purchase of a headset of some sort--or will we hear the coordinator's voice through our television speakers?
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProjectSRT
What if we like our games to last over an hour? I want my game to be as close to authentic as it can be, and playing a full NFL game in 30 minutes goes in the opposite direction.
Gameflow is an option from what I'm hearing. You can still go through your playbook if you want. Honestly, I like the Gameflow option where you can set your plays before a game for certain offensive situations. I don't think I'll use the Gameflow to "tell me" what to run. I know I haven't purchased Madden since 06, but I'm an experienced player.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:47 AM   #29
MVP

OVR: 30
The best thing I read in all these previews was "Madden 11 also looked better than its predecessor, and art director Mike Young explained that the team hadn’t even put in its improved lighting model yet". That came from Destructoid, and I suppose that Madden 11 will look just as great as NCAA 11, from a visual standpoint.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:53 AM   #30
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftychampleone
Gameflow is an option from what I'm hearing. You can still go through your playbook if you want. Honestly, I like the Gameflow option where you can set your plays before a game for certain offensive situations. I don't think I'll use the Gameflow to "tell me" what to run. I know I haven't purchased Madden since 06, but I'm an experienced player.
Please read the OS preview too.

It's stated in the preview this is not just for "noobs"
Old 04-26-2010, 12:00 PM   #31
Rookie

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
Please read the OS preview too.

It's stated in the preview this is not just for "noobs"
I did read it, roadman. That's why I said:

Honestly, I like the Gameflow option where you can set your plays before a game for certain offensive situations.

That would be the option for the experienced players on how they would use Gameflow. Most casuals/new players would use the version of Gameflow that picks the play for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM   #32
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

The gameflow thing really just doesn't do much for me. I don't fit the average madden gamer that only runs 3-4 plays tho. When I played I tried to never use the same play more than 3-4 times a game at most. I also really don't like having the cpu select my plays even if it's choosing from my selection because I still wouldn't trust it to be the play I wanted to run.

It's not a bad feature I guess, it just does nothing to address any of the issues I have with the game either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »