Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution)

VGRevolution has posted their hands-on impressions of Madden NFL 11.

Quote:
"The first change gamers will see is the new play calling system called “Game Flow”. Game Flow is a system that takes the playbook out of your hands and gets you right to the action on the field as quick as possible. If you use Game Flow what will happen is your offensive and defensive coordinators will be calling the plays, which for the most part is what happens during a real game. If you have a headset on the coordinators will actually tell you what plays are being called, and even explain the reasoning of the call. If you don’t wear a headset there is an on-screen text pop-up with the information. While this is a great system for the rookies out there, and will cut gameplay times in half. Hardcore fans will feel letdown and will end up going back to the normal play calling. The addition of the coordinator communication is neat, but was a bit shallow. It would be nice to hear them offer suggestions as you flip through the playbook, and even better make recommendations on if you should challenge a call. I’m sure the less experience will enjoy it."
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 09:13 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution)

He says the sprint button has been removed! (With an option to turn it back on) That is great news IMO as it will work more like NHL 10! It seems like in NCAA the sprint button will be default with the ability to turn it off, and Madden "no sprint" will be default with the ability to turn it on.

I have been waiting for Madden to get rid of the "sprint" button for two years now. Speed, acceleration, etc should all be based on ratings and not by just jamming the sprint button as soon as you get the ball.

Edit: Can any of our CD guys comment if this is correct and how it felt? If any of you have played NHL 10 could you compare it to the feel of that? Thanks!
Old 04-26-2010, 09:56 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 21
Im all for new modes as I can understand they have to sell the game to new fans every year, I just dont like when it gets in the way of adding more realistic elements.
Old 04-26-2010, 09:59 AM   #4
Banned

OVR: 21
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J55yuSjk5u4&feature=player_embedded
Old 04-26-2010, 11:34 AM   #5
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Regarding GameFlow...

Quote:
The first change gamers will see is the new play calling system called “Game Flow”. Game Flow is a system that takes the playbook out of your hands... While this is a great system for the rookies out there, and will cut gameplay times in half. Hardcore fans will feel letdown and will end up going back to the normal play calling.... I’m sure the less experience will enjoy it.
This is what I have been saying, and the CD guys for the most part have been denying. I just don't like having the playbook taken out of my hands. Madden 10 showed that to me as Beginner play calling was the only way to get a fair/balanced game against the AI.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Regarding GameFlow...

This is what I have been saying, and the CD guys for the most part have been denying. I just don't like having the playbook taken out of my hands. Madden 10 showed that to me as Beginner play calling was the only way to get a fair/balanced game against the AI.
Then just don't use it and keep calling plays the way you've always have. Problem solved! People are talking about this like this is the only way to call plays now. Get a grip!
Old 04-26-2010, 11:50 AM   #7
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Regarding GameFlow...

This was also mentioned a few paragraphs below the one you quoted.

Also new this year in the play calling department is the addition of setting up your own playbook. Similar to setting your favorite audibles in the past, you can now set certain plays for different situations. If you like running a special pass play on 3rd and long, no longer will you need to flip through all the plays to get to it. Again this feature really adds to the authenticity of Madden 11.

Also, read the OS preview to get a more in depth view of GameFlow.
Old 04-26-2010, 11:52 AM   #8
Pro

brza37's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Then just don't use it and keep calling plays the way you've always have. Problem solved! People are talking about this like this is the only way to call plays now. Get a grip!
Serious. How can people be upset when they give you the option to use it or not? Personally, i think the idea of being able to actually gameplan plays based on situation sounds awesome. Its actually truer to life than the current set up of looking through 300 plays everytime.
But it all depends on how Gameflow gets executed so I'll hold back my opinion till I can actually play it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »