Home

Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-26-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
MVP

RGiles36's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Madden NFL 11 Hands-On Impressions (VGRevolution)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Then just don't use it and keep calling plays the way you've always have. Problem solved! People are talking about this like this is the only way to call plays now. Get a grip!
Bingo!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:19 PM   #10
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazelore
Then just don't use it and keep calling plays the way you've always have. Problem solved! People are talking about this like this is the only way to call plays now. Get a grip!
Sounds like a feature for newer players, and time wasted taking away control. I still haven't seen that we are able to edit our own playbooks (only that we can edit the GamePlan for GameFlow). Nor have I seen that we can save games, which is what fans asked for (not GameFlow).
Old 04-26-2010, 12:24 PM   #11
Pro

Blazelore's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
Sounds like a feature for newer players, and time wasted taking away control. I still haven't seen that we are able to edit our own playbooks (only that we can edit the GamePlan for GameFlow). Nor have I seen that we can save games, which is what fans asked for (not GameFlow).
I understand completely and your right. It does sound like it would benefit new players. Obviously you aren't one nor am I. IMHO if the franchise mode isn't up to par I'll be up here nitpicking just like you because that caters to the hardcore.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 12:25 PM   #12
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valdarez
I understand what your saying, but I think there is a bigger picture to the gameflow. it would seem as if the cpu will now have tendancies also you could gameplan around which I think would translate into the franchise.
Old 04-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 13

I do not understand why anyone thinks removing the "sprint" button is a good idea. The sticks on both the current gen consoles absolutely suck, they are not stiff enough or sensitive enough and this just takes more control out of the user's hands - absolutely stupid and lazy way to deal with CPU not taking proper pursuit angles.

In football, you don't always run at full speed, there are times when you are running close to it, but holding back or setting up your feet for a move and then you turn on that top gear. This makes that more difficult for the user to replicate and is the single dumbest idea ever. This isn't hockey, this is football and the analog sticks are not done well enough for this to work properly and with "sprint" being off by default that means it probally is now a turbo button instead of full sprint which it should be - dumb, dumb, dumb!!!

The "sprint" button should work within the ACC/SPD ratings and having it gives you the user more control of the players on the field - anyone who thinks that removing control from the user is a good idea is seriously without!!!
Old 04-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #14
All Star

Valdarez's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
I understand what your saying, but I think there is a bigger picture to the gameflow. it would seem as if the cpu will now have tendancies also you could gameplan around which I think would translate into the franchise.
I can see implications for this from a franchise perspective where you go in and fix the problems with the AI's playcalling. Which is good and bad. Good that we can fix it, bad that we probably will have to fix it.
Old 04-26-2010, 01:03 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 4

"But now with the improved Locomotion system, each player has their correct speed and acceleration ratings"

So basically, the real overhaul was last year, and after a year of tweaks, they are ready to call it "Locomotion"

They didnt want to advertise it as Locomotion in Madden 10 because it was crap compared to what it will be this year. hopefully
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-26-2010, 01:07 PM   #16
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckology
"But now with the improved Locomotion system, each player has their correct speed and acceleration ratings"

So basically, the real overhaul was last year, and after a year of tweaks, they are ready to call it "Locomotion"

They didnt want to advertise it as Locomotion in Madden 10 because it was crap compared to what it will be this year. hopefully
No... SPD and ACC ratings were adjusted in M10, but the actual locomotion was only slowed down. This year is a rebuild of the locomotion entirely.

They wanted to add it last year, but weren't able to adjust AI to compensate. This year, they rebuilt the whole thing so that it worked with the AI properly, based on what FIFA did.

To sum it up; last year was only a ratings change, this year is a rewrite to the system running how players move.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »