Home

Madden NFL 11 Video: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 11 Video: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2010, 04:08 PM   #17
It's about that time

greenegt's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Madden NFL 11 Videos: Ian Cummings Talks Game Plan

I definitely like the sounds of this feature. They designed it well out of the gate, giving us a lot of control over the gameplans.

PSN: OGMeanGreene

Twitter: @greenegt
Old 04-27-2010, 04:24 PM   #18
One Last Job

TracerBullet's Arena

OVR: 37

I don't think this is for when you play people online in single games. I think it's more for franchise/online franchise type of people. Maybe that just what I'm getting form this feature. I think its a good thing. No reason to shoot this down becasue its something you don't want to use though. Just don't use it. Simple.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #19
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Well the gameplan sounds nice. But remember that you will still be able to use the full playbook if you want. Gameplan is just a option if you choose to use it. The full playbook will be there wide open like it has in the past. So that is why I ain't all that worried right now.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:28 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 21

I think this is going to be a nice feature. It sure will beat the heck out of trying to scroll through a bunch of formations trying to remember where certain plays are you want to run.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #21
MVP

booker21's Arena

OVR: 16

Itīs basically a easy fix for the Ask Madden feature.
They didnīt want to work on the logic so they said... hey letīs the player do that...

I used to play Ask madden/Ask corso after seeing it was to easy to beat the cpu by choosing my own plays.

And the games are shorter, but not that much.. maybe 50 min or 45 min instead 1hr.

this also lead me to the next question, what happened if i want to play with Ask madden /coach without doing the gameplan?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #22
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

I think both parties are correct. Coaches do script plays but only the 1st "X" amount of plays. After that they call the plays based on what the other time is showing. I would like to see something NCAA had with their Set-up plays (but better). So your play calling affects the game and its not just random play calling. NCAA was on to something although it wasnt implemented correctly.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:44 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I think both parties are correct. Coaches do script plays but only the 1st "X" amount of plays. After that they call the plays based on what the other time is showing. I would like to see something NCAA had with their Set-up plays (but better). So your play calling affects the game and its not just random play calling. NCAA was on to something although it wasnt implemented correctly.
I think what I'll end up doing is at least calling gameflow for a couple of series until I get a real idea of what my opponent is calling. If they continue to mix it up, I'll continue to just use gameflow. If they get repetitive, I'll hand pick a play to beat their D.

Things change in context to the score, also. Once I'm up 2 scores in the 4th I'll probably be hand picking plays to run the game out.

Still, I like the idea of starting out with a base gameplan and just focusing on execution and reading the defense. Having my ideal gameplan already put together allows me to focus my mind on other tasks at hand. Usually I do have a few plays picked ahead of time to set up the defense. That takes a lot of attention away from other things, such as the actual current play being run.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 04-27-2010, 04:57 PM   #24
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40

I know they haven't saying anything about how gameplan will work in franchise mode but it would be cool for you to have practice your plays before adding them into gameplan and just like in NFL Head Coache the more you practice the more your players have knowledge of the plays..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »