Home

Backbreaker Video: Team Customization

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: Team Customization within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 10:44 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: Backbreaker Customization Video

Quote:
This game looks so close to All Pro 2K8 in alot of ways and that in my opinion is a very good thing
This game blows APF 2k8 out of the water in terms of customization. With the customization in Backbreaker, you can create absolute replica NFL, NCAA teams if you wanted to. In APF 2k8 you where not allowed to create your own teams from scratch and customization was very limited. Also this game has the Euphoria engine, while APF 2k8 had canned animations...
Old 04-28-2010, 10:46 PM   #18
1B, OF

Perfect Zero's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by radatdude2
Its does but 2k8 was limited in the creation department with creating logos, end zone designs, and editing players but very similar and much improved. Out right impressive.
Yeah, but it looks like in this game that you won't be able to change numeral numbers or stripes. If they could get some of those small details down, it would be great, but you can tell that they are limited by the player models.

Still, this is groundbreaking for a sports game (and really is like Forza on the customization of the logo). I've been on the fence about this one, but now I might just think about it.

Old 04-28-2010, 10:59 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 21

APF2k8 had a wonderful Uniform editor, u basically can recreate any team.....if NM was not worried about lawsuit as far as player likeness....I think they would have had the same type of uniform editor, if they had pads that looked normal.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:02 PM   #20
Rookie

radatdude2's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfect Zero
Yeah, but it looks like in this game that you won't be able to change numeral numbers or stripes. If they could get some of those small details down, it would be great, but you can tell that they are limited by the player models.

Still, this is groundbreaking for a sports game (and really is like Forza on the customization of the logo). I've been on the fence about this one, but now I might just think about it.
if you pause the video at the torso tab they show some number options as well as some option for the side of jersey looks to be some sort of stripe!

at the end the video when the team is entering the stadium looks like we have camera options to view the entrance from different camera angles using the LT button! that should be cool

Last edited by radatdude2; 04-28-2010 at 11:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:12 PM   #21
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

ill spend hours customizing different teams.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 3

This is just amazing. No football game has ever had this level of customization. The menus look great. Even the interaction between players in the game menu is awesome.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:16 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Leaning towards buying it day one after that video. Backbreaker and NCAA look like they might both turn out to very good, that would great to have two quality football games to play. The only problem would be finding enough time to play both, can't say that is a bad thing though.

Looks like this may be a great year for football video games fans.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 04-28-2010, 11:20 PM   #24
Rookie

OVR: 7

Awesome. Simply awesome! I will buy even if it sucks simply to support a NEW football franchise!
"Because he's the hero Gotham deserves...but not the one it needs right now. So we'll hunt him...because he can take it...because he's not a hero. He's a silent guardian, a watchful protector...the Dark Knight."

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »