Home

Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot

This is a discussion on Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot within the Backbreaker forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #113
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Backbreaker Video: TV Commercial Spot

Quote:
Originally Posted by PGaither84
My big questions are regarding line play. Madden 10 and prior don't have good line play, but that isn't the point. If BB has true NFL line play and interactions with Natural motion, that will be the big turning point. i think that if BB can recreate a true on-the-filed pro-football level of game play, Ian and EA will take notice.
Really don't see why it matters if "Ian takes notice". Let me get this straight: Madden 10 and prior Maddens don't have good line play, but that isn't the point"...? That's exactly the point. Team Tiburon with every advantage in the world with exclusivity, a huge development team, and years of development time - can't get lineplay straight but that's an expectation from a smaller development team, without the licenses to lean on, and with no prior football game experience? That just goes to show how ridiculously low expectations are when it comes to the Tiburon football games. Another developer is basically expected to do with one hand tied behind it's back (because of exclusivity and dev time) what Tiburon hasn't been able to do with every advantage in the world. Sad.

That said, I am getting a little more anxious to get my hands on Backbreaker and see the behavior-based technology behind the game.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 04-28-2010, 10:29 AM   #114
MVP

Methlab's Arena

OVR: 15

Ian is super cool and I literally live right next to his office, but who cares what EA thinks? They are obviously still on a cloud of disillusion and we already know from community day that Madden is not going to change much.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:39 AM   #115
Rookie

OVR: 3

Just for the record. Backbreaker did use motion captures in their game for the running etc. Euphoria takes hold when it comes to human behavior and human ability. I think that Euphoria will shape the AI in this game. Angles that players take to make and avoid contact. It's not just about the tackles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 AM   #116
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
Really don't see why it matters if "Ian takes notice". Let me get this straight: Madden 10 and prior Maddens don't have good line play, but that isn't the point"...? That's exactly the point. Team Tiburon with every advantage in the world with exclusivity, a huge development team, and years of development time - can't get lineplay straight but that's an expectation from a smaller development team, without the licenses to lean on, and with no prior football game experience? That just goes to show how ridiculously low expectations are when it comes to the Tiburon football games. Another developer is basically expected to do with one hand tied behind it's back (because of exclusivity and dev time) what Tiburon hasn't been able to do with every advantage in the world. Sad.

That said, I am getting a little more anxious to get my hands on Backbreaker and see the behavior-based technology behind the game.
Why do you insist on embarrassing forum members with logic and intelligence as sharp as this post? Meanie.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:19 PM   #117
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:

Great, great post.
Old 04-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #118
Rookie

OVR: 16

Afrikan - you can take your choice from either one of your gifs and they both made this game a must have for me. Other clips that locked BB in for me are the interception in the endzone, and the diving catch one. In particular the gif where the runner is wearing green made it impossible for me not to get this game. There is so many different things going on in that one play than I've ever seen in a full game of Madden. Its so much more robust and life like which is something that everyone should be looking forward to.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #119
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:

., Yeah, I agree the expectations are low for Tiburon games because most people are just satisfied that it's better than the previous game. EA could easily do the same if they actually made gameplay a priority instead of adding new features to get people excited.

Gameflow is a nice feature but what good is it when the players still don't follow their assignments in the game? I still see gameplay video where defenders won't even join in with the tackle or serve an impact. They just slide off. It's no big deal until one of those tackles is broken and that running back is taking off for a TD.

The "they're getting better" and "it's better than last year" saying. It's really getting old. People need to stop comparing Madden from it's previous version and compare it to the game of football.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:52 PM   #120
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:

Agreed to the umpth degree on the low expectations and satisfied attitude of the just enough syndrome that has taken over EA and trickled down to the fans.

Its very sad

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games > Backbreaker »