Home

MLB 10 The Show: Can I Stop Worrying, and Learn to Love the Juice?

This is a discussion on MLB 10 The Show: Can I Stop Worrying, and Learn to Love the Juice? within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2010, 04:56 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 9
I think it comes in handy when you want a guy to be a phenom type pitcher who throws hard from the beginning and rises through the ranks very quickly. What if I want to be a Strausberg? It's not possible without the show shop because it takes forever to build your velocity up which really isn't realistic because a lot of guys who throw hard, are already throwing hard when they start. Sure there are a lot of guys who build up a couple of MPH but there are guys who throw at 93-95mph from the get go.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:27 PM   #10
MVP

acts238shaun's Arena

OVR: 25
Re: MLB 10 The Show: Can I Stop Worrying, and Learn to Love the Juice?

I hate starting out with poor durability/speed when in reality, most players are their fastest and most durable in their late teens and their 20's. because of this I will occasionally buy a few points just so I don't tire every two games and so I have a chance to steal bases right away.

I hope next year they allow player shells not related to position, low power w/high speed or high power w/ poor defense and contact, etc.
Old 04-27-2010, 05:42 AM   #11
Rookie

H8ff0000's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by acts238shaun
I hope next year they allow player shells not related to position, low power w/high speed or high power w/ poor defense and contact, etc.
This sounds like a really good idea
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-27-2010, 06:44 AM   #12
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

For the the points purchase idea would be fine if you could use those points for any new RTTS career. Right now you purchase them for a single RTTS player, and if for any reason your careers freezes, or you find it boring etc, and want to start anew one, you have lost those points and your well earned $.

You could even say that if you get bored of one career it's your fault, but... when the RTTS freezes in your career and it becomes corrupt, we shouldn't be punished losing our paid points and instead we should be able to use them again in a new career.

Else it's like if you paid $60 and you could only play as the Yankees, then if you want to start a franchise with the Marlins, you need to pay $60 again for a new game.
Old 04-27-2010, 10:34 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 5

This article reminded me why I hate that gear and boost gear is available for purchase in NHL 10. I can't stand these boost purchase things. At least RTTS is just a one player mode. NHL 10 boosts can be used online and creates disparity because one guy decided to spend money and boost his player and the other guy is actually trying to play games to boost up his player. Juicing is a great analogy. It's hardly different at all other than there are zero consequences in a video game.
Old 04-27-2010, 11:06 AM   #14
Retar Crew

Antec's Arena

OVR: 12

The Juiceman is opposed to juicing?!!!
Old 04-29-2010, 12:19 AM   #15
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50

For some odd reason, I went forth and juiced early on in my career... just to see how it felt. Needless to say, the measely 1000 points really didn't "fulfill" my desires... and makes me want more. I can see how the juice really draws you in.

If the "juice" that I bought, were able to be transferred to another player, I'd buy some more juice. But alas, it's stuck on a CF that I want to play SS, but the coach seems content with where I'm at.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2010, 08:02 AM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7

I can't juice as I've been playing on my UK account on my ps3. I could create and American account and access the US ps store....but then I'd have to start my RTTS all over again....I'm happy where it is.

I agree with two points earlier vehemently. Firstly, why do you always start with such terrible durability, what, an 18 year old can only start 3 games in a row in CF without passing out?!

secondly, a lot of kids throw HARD! How old is Aroldis Chapman, 22?! and his fastball tops out in the trips! there's no way to achieve it on the show w/o the juice.

If it stays or not will depend on whether people are spending the extra money, I assume, and I would imagine SCEA is keeping a close eye on it to see whether it'll make it into the show 11.

Pipe dream: a good cricket game! (still)

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »